Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does DLH Need to Beat PBF to Solidify His Legacy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oscar's legacy is intact in my opinion. His resume is good enough for me to say that.
    Although he lost to some tough oppositions, a couple of them were arguable (Trinidad and Mosley 2), and he always took risks by taking on the best fighters of our era.

Comment

that's what grat boxers go through, tough decisions maybe TKO loss but that's boxing....is like oscar says he will be known for fighting the best out there and that's what counts, that's why all his fights brings attention to boxing, and his numbers gets bigger and biggers in terms of $$$,
      imo he is G.O.A.T of course in his era win or lose

Comment

One thing I will always give Oscar alot of credit for is for taking any challenge. Oscar is definitley not scared of Floyd Mayweather, this is a guy who has been in there with Hopkins, Trinidad, Mosley, Mayorga and Vargas. Oscar will fight anyone...

Comment

Originally posted by TRUTH View Post
          One thing I will always give Oscar alot of credit for is for taking any challenge. Oscar is definitley not scared of Floyd Mayweather, this is a guy who has been in there with Hopkins, Trinidad, Mosley, Mayorga and Vargas. Oscar will fight anyone...
          Yeah, you can't take that away from him but the fact still remains he has lost the biggest fights of his career.

I don't see Fernando Vargas getting the same type of props that DLH does when he fought all the same fighters (Trinidad, Mosley twice, Quartey, plus Winky Wright) and he had similar results (lost to Trinidad, lost to Mosley twice, beat Quartey and Wright)...

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
            Yeah, you can't take that away from him but the fact still remains he has lost the biggest fights of his career.

I don't see Fernando Vargas getting the same type of props that DLH does when he fought all the same fighters (Trinidad, Mosley twice, Quartey, plus Winky Wright) and he had similar results (lost to Trinidad, lost to Mosley twice, beat Quartey and Wright)...
            no, not similar results.

vargas got knocked out silly by Trinidad, KOed by Mosley twice, and the fight with Wright was highly controversial in many people's eyes.

whereas DLH got robbed against Trinidad in many people's eyes including Pretty Boy (I read about this in one of his interviews) and put up two competitive fights against Mosley (controversial second fight).

Vargas clearly beat the **** out of Quartey though.

But above all, DLH KOed him.

Comment

Originally posted by jswa17 View Post
              no, not similar results.

vargas got knocked out silly by Trinidad, KOed by Mosley twice, and the fight with Wright was highly controversial in many people's eyes.

whereas DLH got robbed against Trinidad in many people's eyes including Pretty Boy (I read about this in one of his interviews) and put up two competitive fights against Mosley (controversial second fight).

Vargas clearly beat the **** out of Quartey though.

But above all, DLH KOed him.
              Yeah, to be fair to him DLH's resume is much more impressive than Vargas'. I always felt he was unfulfilled potential. If he had a better chin then maybe he could have done more.

Comment

Yes...he needs this one for his Legacy. He hasnt really been a doodger, but had more than a few questionable fights. A win here would nix that.

Comment

it depends on which legacy youre talking about.

DLH has already secured his legacy as the guy who fought everybody, especially by taking on the P4P champ in the twilight of his career.

however, if he loses, it'll only solidify claims that he could never pull off the big wins.

Comment

De La Hoya has beaten Chavez, Gatti, Vargas, Paez, Ruelas, Carr, Mayorga, Quartey, Whitaker, which are all good fighters. He got robbed by mosley(2nd fight) and Trinidad. He has been champ in 6 different weight classes. Fought over 20 champs.

If you cant solidify your legacy with this, how can anybody elses resume be legacy worthy cause hes has been in their with everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
                      De La Hoya has beaten Chavez, Gatti, Vargas, Paez, Ruelas, Carr, Mayorga, Quartey, Whitaker, which are all good fighters. He got robbed by mosley(2nd fight) and Trinidad. He has been champ in 6 different weight classes. Fought over 20 champs.

If you cant solidify your legacy with this, how can anybody elses resume be legacy worthy cause hes has been in their with everyone.
                      Take away all the guys that weren't in their prime. What's the best win there? Quartey?

Comment

Working...
                      X