Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some great books on boxing/boxers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are some great books on boxing/boxers?

Just wondering if anyone else here reads books on boxing/boxers like I do. Pretty much every book on boxing I have enjoyed I'm not really picky but a few of my favorites are:

Hands of Stone by Christian Giudice
    PacMan by Gary Andrew Poole
    The Big Fight by Sugar Ray Leonard

I want to read Sorcery at Ceasars but I haven't had time to read lately

I read the SRL book, it was pretty good I enjoyed it.

Comment

If you can find it online it's called The Gloves a boxing chronical. It's really good it's a true story about an up and coming amateur boxer who joins the sport late in his 20's. it takes place in New York and takes u threw the whole process of a fighter coming up the hard way. I found it at the library picked it up and liked it alot

Comment

Originally posted by chibox123 View Post
        If you can find it online it's called The Gloves a boxing chronical. It's really good it's a true story about an up and coming amateur boxer who joins the sport late in his 20's. it takes place in New York and takes u threw the whole process of a fighter coming up the hard way. I found it at the library picked it up and liked it alot
        ok sounds good my friend got me a book that sounds kinda similar but the guy does mma i cant remember the title but it was really good. I just looked this up and found it on amazon im gonna check it out thanks

Comment

Originally posted by RVABoxer View Post
          Just wondering if anyone else here reads books on boxing/boxers like I do. Pretty much every book on boxing I have enjoyed I'm not really picky but a few of my favorites are:

Hands of Stone by Christian Giudice
          PacMan by Gary Andrew Poole
          The Big Fight by Sugar Ray Leonard

I want to read Sorcery at Ceasars but I haven't had time to read lately
          i got a coffee table book about the history of big fights in vegas in 2003. Title escapes me but its real good.

Comment

I'm almost finished reading a boxing novel I checked out of the library called Pound for Pound. It's about a trainer and a upcoming boxer. It's a great book. The author F.X. Toole also wrote the story Million Dollar Baby about the female boxer that was made into a movie.

Comment

the tomato can

pacquiaos bio is insaneeeeeeeeee

the "little book of boxing " is a must have

al bumie davis story is also great
              "bummie davis vs murder inc"

Comment

four kings was good. i'm on hands of stone right now.

Comment

Im also reading hands of stone right now.very good so far i recommend it.

Ive also read Beloved Warrior about alexis arguello and Raging Bull about jake lamotta

Its more of a photography book but i just got At The Fights and its awesome.huge book with everyone from refs to managers and promoters and ofcourse fighters in the sport.theres a huge fold out of champions lined up next to each other from minimumweight to heavyweight.pretty cool addition to any boxing fans book collection

Comment

Working...
                  X