Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxers you met in person

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I met Evander Holyfield once. His boys were playing baseball at the park I coached at.

Comment

Danny Jacobs, Antonio Escalante, Gary Stark Jr, Deontay Wilder, David Diaz, Bernard Hopkins, Paulie Malignaggi, Manny Pacquiao, David Estrada, Donovan George, Osumanu Adama, Bredis Prescott, Kendal Holt, Tim Bradley, Devon Alexander, and anyone who has fought in chicago since april 2009.

Comment

Sometimes you meet boxers in unusual places...I was downtown Hartford, CT a few years ago one night at around 1 am and LUIS RESTO was getting off of a bus on his way to Boston...I didnt realize who he was right away but a kid I was with, a boxer too, knew him instantly...

Comment

I met Margarito before at a local MMA event.

I also met Brandon Rios a few months back. It was a couple weeks after the Margarito-Pac fight. He was at a grocery store buying like 30 turkeys. Told me he was donating them to a homeless shelter. I talked to him a little bit and he asked me what I thought about the Pac-Margarito fight and he told me he was going to be getting a title shot pretty soon. A few weeks later I see he has a fight lined up against Acosta.

Comment

met RJJ and George Foreman when I was a kid at a boxing charity event that my dad brought me along with..Roys prime and he was still so humble..
            then again years later at a fight night event..
            SRL..see him about every year for a few years straight now for fight night..he is the only one who has always kept his scheduled appearances every time...
            Earnie Shavers..actaully Ive met him numerous times..he and my dad are friends and I see him often at local boxing events..ect!..very humble and great attitude
            B-hop when I was younger...Quick Tillis, family friend...Ronnie Shields.
            Ive met a few others but those are the ones that come to mind at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              I met Paulie Malignaggi, Allan Green and Dominic Guinn a few years back at the Taylor-Froch fight at Foxwoods. I also met Mickey Ward a few summers back at a local club fight. All guys (except) Green were pretty affable and down to earth..
              funny...I didnt want to mention him..but a family member of mine trained him since he was a kid right up until he got set for the "big times"..back then Allan was pretty straight..but always off-putting..he switched as soon as he got a little shine..and hes like that with even his own family..hes just an as$hole by nature I think..

Comment

David Tua, Shane Cameron, Anthony Mundine (he was still a pro rugby player at the time though) and Richie Woodhall. All really down to earth guys, even Mundine!

Comment

Met Sugar Ray Leonard at a mall. He was with Eddie Murphy.

Comment

Originally posted by American Dream View Post
                    funny...I didnt want to mention him..but a family member of mine trained him since he was a kid right up until he got set for the "big times"..back then Allan was pretty straight..but always off-putting..he switched as soon as he got a little shine..and hes like that with even his own family..hes just an as$hole by nature I think..
                    Are you from Oklahoma, American? I sparred Allan at Cecil Pettigrew's gym there....do u know the place???

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
                      Danny Jacobs, Antonio Escalante, Gary Stark Jr, Deontay Wilder, David Diaz, Bernard Hopkins, Paulie Malignaggi, Manny Pacquiao, David Estrada, Donovan George, Osumanu Adama, Bredis Prescott, Kendal Holt, Tim Bradley, Devon Alexander, and anyone who has fought in chicago since april 2009.

I am sure you talked to Fast Fres Oquendo too.

Another good guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X