Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seth Mitchell vs. Chris Arreola: who would win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
    So you really know how many people watch the heavyweight championship on the entire planet? Sure there were peak times as with Tyson (who was more entertaining, not more talented than the current champiosn) but there were other times when heavyweight wasn't that popular just like today. It isn't like the past was only sunshine and roses.

Not sure what you mean with "is it a problem if it's a non entity in North America" but if you mean, if it matters wheter the current champion is American or not, it doesn't really matter. Americans still fight for titles and Americans still watch the fights.
    NO, I know who doesn't watch and its alot of north americans. I think its a problem when a large portion of the western hemisphere doesn't know or care about the HWT champion of the world .

I mean the HWT champion is virtually unknown in North America and when he fights very few people in North America watch.

I know this is a sore subject with you but I think we can only discuss this if you are willing to be honest about the current HWT division.
    Last edited by The Big Dunn; 10-10-2012, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      In the USA, yes it obviously has lost it's shine.

But overall, the division is strong with the Klitschkos, Haye, Boytsov, Glazkov, Price, Fury, Pulev, Abdusalamov, etc.
      I understand that for various reasons you have to post this. But the division is not strong. Most people feel its at its weakest in 30-35 years. If deontay wilder beat wlad and mitchell beat vitali-THAT WOULDN'T CHANGE THIS!! Its not about america, race, or anything else other than talent and skill.

We discussed this in part with Vitali. you got on me about rating him in the 200's when he has never beaten a top 200 opponent. SO was I really being unfair?

Comment

both guys have been hurt by gatekeepers(arreola by walker & mitchell by chazz)but both areaggressive in your face heavyweights. both have good chins & throw power combinations. this is a great matchup but i'd give arreola the edge in experience. if arreola hurt mitchell like chazz did that fight wouldn't have got out of the first round because arreola is a finisher. both are finishers & take an opponent out when they are hurt. i can't really pick a winner here. both beat chazz witherspoon in impressive fashion but arreola has lost to the 2 best heavyweights he fought so questions remain if he is a B level or A level contender.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          Vitali's power is overrated, and he was stepping back all night. Arreola got dropped by Travis Walker so Mitchell definitely has enough pop to put him down. Can he keep him down? That's the question.
          arreola took a knee, he didn't get dropped....he walked into a huge walker right hand...

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
            While this is true Arreola wasn't hurt he was hit clean and he was poised enough to take a knee. He was patient with Travis after the KD. While Seth was a bit lost when he was hurt. I also would take into consideration Arreola's experience under these circumstances.
            i agree arreola took a knee but mitchell showed excellent ring intelligence when he was hurt. he had the ring smarts to hold on & not let chazz get off any clean punches until he cleared his head. chazz has very good power but he is a C+ heavyweight at best. i think it was a good lesson learned for mitchell. after he obliterated timur ibragimov(C+ HW) he may have got a little complacent & thought he could walk through any HW's punch but he found out quickly that's not the case. he won't make the same mistake vs banks or arreola.

Comment

In the USA, yes it obviously has lost it's shine.

But overall, the division is strong with the Klitschkos, Haye, Boytsov, Glazkov, Price, Fury, Pulev, Abdusalamov, etc.

that's not a strong division...

there are some nice fights to be made, but the division is at all but it's lowest point in history.

Comment

Arreola would knock out Seth. Seth will not be able to keep up with Arreola's pace run out of gas and get knocked the f-uck out. This fight won't go many rounds. Arreola by KO inside 6 rounds.

Comment

Not really.

Wladimir vs. Haye was one of the biggest events in Europe last year.
                  i think the division has improved the last few years. the US is bigger then most of europe combined. There is no doubt the division is doing well in europe but i'm sorry but a fight in front of 20000 people at madison square gardens is 10 times bigger then any event with 60000 in europe. the vitali\charr fight 15000 people with half the tickets given away...tyson\mcneely biggest gate in history of heavyweight boxing. the heavyweight division lost it's luster the minute lennox lewis retired. lennox didn't fight charr, sosnowski, gomez, mormecks, etc...he gave voluntaries to legit top 10 heavyweights, he would vacate a world title if they wanted him to fight akinwande a second time, he vacated instead of fighting mandatories that brought him no money. the heavyweight division is still the only division i really follow & after almost 23 years of following the division it is by far at it's worst. guys like rahman & briggs wouldn't be getting title shots if the division was stronger. the klitschkos are too far ahead of the rest of the class for anyone to really challenge them. the top guys in my eyes other then the klitschko's are pulev, haye & helenius & a whole lot of unproven prospects with padded records.

Comment

who voted decision?

serious?

perhaps it's the gut reaction for a close fight, but this is the HW division, boys. these aren't dudes the size of your GF (nishi and donaire, for example,)

yall been conditioned with the last few years of hbo and showitme not covering the HW, and the guys in the HW division not being aggressors.

when these guys connect with big punches the fight starts to end.

4-8 rounds is when this one will end. no later.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                      i think the division has improved the last few years. the US is bigger then most of europe combined. There is no doubt the division is doing well in europe but i'm sorry but a fight in front of 20000 people at madison square gardens is 10 times bigger then any event with 60000 in europe. the vitali\charr fight 15000 people with half the tickets given away...tyson\mcneely biggest gate in history of heavyweight boxing. the heavyweight division lost it's luster the minute lennox lewis retired. lennox didn't fight charr, sosnowski, gomez, mormecks, etc...he gave voluntaries to legit top 10 heavyweights, he would vacate a world title if they wanted him to fight akinwande a second time, he vacated instead of fighting mandatories that brought him no money. the heavyweight division is still the only division i really follow & after almost 23 years of following the division it is by far at it's worst. guys like rahman & briggs wouldn't be getting title shots if the division was stronger. the klitschkos are too far ahead of the rest of the class for anyone to really challenge them. the top guys in my eyes other then the klitschko's are pulev, haye & helenius & a whole lot of unproven prospects with padded records.

i'll add that joe's knowledge of HW boxing rivals that of anybody on these boards.

Comment

Working...
                      X