Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A LHW Prime Michael Spinks vs a LHW Prime Roy Jones Jr (POLL)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think any great light heavyweight with power would beat Roy.

What allowed Roy to get away with all that **** what his Power. Fighter respected his Power.

I'll admit i only seen a couple of Spinks fight, 1 at light heavyweight and other best of fights. And from what i seen Spinks likes to charge forward on his opponet with great pressure and he had great power.

Roy likes to allow fighters corner him or take him to the ropes. But against a puncher and pressure fighter like Spinks that equarls danger zone.

I got Spinks winning this one. I think at this weight Roy doesn't have the power advantage against big light heavyweights like Spinks.

Comment

Good luck having Spinks win this poll. People have Jones beating Ali, Marciano, Tua, its crazy.
      Spinks was an excellent fighter with power that would greatly worry Jones, I see it being a close fight for the first few rounds but Spinks eventually tags Jones' chin and gets him out of there.

Comment

prime mw jones, prime smw jones, prime lhw jones are all unbeatable.

Comment

Originally posted by Brockton Lip View Post
          Good luck having Spinks win this poll. People have Jones beating Ali, Marciano, Tua, its crazy.
          Spinks was an excellent fighter with power that would greatly worry Jones, I see it being a close fight for the first few rounds but Spinks eventually tags Jones' chin and gets him out of there.
          show me a poll where ppl have him beating ali? and jones would EASILY handle marciano. marciano is really overrated.

Comment

come on ppl keep this poll going!

Comment

Originally posted by ferocity View Post
              I think any great light heavyweight with power would beat Roy.

What allowed Roy to get away with all that **** what his Power. Fighter respected his Power.

I'll admit i only seen a couple of Spinks fight, 1 at light heavyweight and other best of fights. And from what i seen Spinks likes to charge forward on his opponet with great pressure and he had great power.

Roy likes to allow fighters corner him or take him to the ropes. But against a puncher and pressure fighter like Spinks that equarls danger zone.

I got Spinks winning this one. I think at this weight Roy doesn't have the power advantage against big light heavyweights like Spinks.
              it wasnt roys power that scared other fighters, it was his speed...

roys speed = power

it was the fact he could hit you, and you wouldnt see it coming.. thats when you get knocked out

the fact he could considerably beat you to the punch all night long.. and when you threw your punches, you hit nothing but air, and then got countered again

it wasnt the power... it how fast he could hit you, and from angles you couldnt see

Comment

Originally posted by cotto16 View Post
                12 Round Fight
                http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php...1286&cat=boxer
                http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php...1758&cat=boxer
                For me i'am edging toward Spinks, In his prime Spinks was unreal ruled the LHW division with an iron fist and then goes up to heavy and goes right to the undisputed champ and beats him twice,but the thing is jones only really struggled at lhw with slippery southpaws something spinks weren't, but still think Spinks would turned Jones over maybe UD/MD decision!
                They robbed Larry Holmes in his fights with Spinks.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                  it wasnt roys power that scared other fighters, it was his speed...

roys speed = power

it was the fact he could hit you, and you wouldnt see it coming.. thats when you get knocked out

the fact he could considerably beat you to the punch all night long.. and when you threw your punches, you hit nothing but air, and then got countered again

it wasnt the power... it how fast he could hit you, and from angles you couldnt see
                  Great post. I will have to favor Spinks at LHW against LHW Roy though.

Spinks was pretty big, 6'3 (around Dawson's height) but much more powerful then Dawson ever was. I just favour Spinks on a styles match-up. He's not going to get dragged into a pattern of fighting where he's following Roy around and letting Roy's reflexes along with Roy's speed come into factor that much. Spinks had an unorthodox way of moving and switches his attacks up with a very deceptive jab.
                  One thing Spinks does is his doubling,, tripling, quadrupling etc etc of his left hand.That is something that could very well catch Roy off guard, which will certainly lead into something big
                  Spinks was also a very rangy fighter, which might counter Roy's amazing speed and his darting in/out movement patterns.

Despite what the 'glass jaw' trolls insist, Roy actually had a decent chin at 168-175. I just feel you need a very good/great chin to survive 12 rounds against Spinks as well. Everything from Spink's height, his range, his jabs, and his unorthodox boxing methods will eventually lead to Spinks hitting flush.

I will not be shocked if Roy wins a decision either though , but I think Spinks will win by late tko.

Comment

I voted for I don't know ... pretty lame huh? But really i couldn't put a solid prediction down for either guy both are fantastic and there are reasons why both could win, I think I favor Spinks but Roy was damn good at his best so ...

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
                      I voted for I don't know ... pretty lame huh? But really i couldn't put a solid prediction down for either guy both are fantastic and there are reasons why both could win, I think I favor Spinks but Roy was damn good at his best so ...
                      Ya it's tough. Honestly some of these former LHW'S would have raped a lot of the SMW'S fighting today .Ya I know, 175 is naturally bigger lol. But if the likes of Moorer or Spinks was around today and could 're hydrate', I can see them making 168 weight ins and come fight night comfortably around 177ish.
                      Even Matthew Muhammad could probably brutalize Froch.

Comment

Working...
                      X