No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeGale vs. Demers Early Fight Results From Quebec

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DeGale vs. Demers Early Fight Results From Quebec

Hilton Lac Leamy, Gatineau, Quebec, Canada - Heavyweight prospect Zach Bunce made his pro debut and Donald Willis (1-2-1). Willis was dropped in the first. Bunce dropped him once again in the third, and Willis did not come out for the fourth round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

degale got no reaction at all.

Comment

Originally posted by kennethjohn View Post
      degale got no reaction at all.
      In what way, the Canadian crowd? I read he stopped the guy in 2.

Comment

yeah the canadian crowd didn't cheer or boo him. it was as if he wasnt there.
        the guy he fought was retired 2 years, and was asked on tuesday if he wanted to come out of retirment for 11,000. so if you are a degale fan, don't celebrate with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          In what way, the Canadian crowd? I read he stopped the guy in 2.
          The guy was a bum. He got retired after losing 3 fights in a row.

Comment

Demers had an okay first round too, second round he took a punch, took a knee and just quit and collected his 11,000 cheque.

fight a guy that retired because he didn't have it anymore. comes in on 3-4 days notice. there was 2 fights where fighters were similar in rankings in the 9 fight card.

weak for even wealth tv standards.

Comment

Originally posted by kennethjohn View Post
              yeah the canadian crowd didn't cheer or boo him. it was as if he wasnt there.
              the guy he fought was retired 2 years, and was asked on tuesday if he wanted to come out of retirment for 11,000. so if you are a degale fan, don't celebrate with this one.
              I'm not sure DeGale really has fans in that way. Fairly or otherwise DeGale has the image of a big time charlie, i.e. a person who considers himself to be a "big-shot" or a "player" while no one else agrees. A lot of people were happy when Groves beat him (or got the decision anyway). In saying that, he has some talent and it would be good to see a British boxer maximise his potential.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                I'm not sure DeGale really has fans in that way. Fairly or otherwise DeGale has the image of a big time charlie, i.e. a person who considers himself to be a "big-shot" or a "player" while no one else agrees. A lot of people were happy when Groves beat him (or got the decision anyway). In saying that, he has some talent and it would be good to see a British boxer maximise his potential.
                yeah at this point i feel kinda bad for him and want him to succeed. i didnt think he lost the Groves fight either but fine with me since Chunky seemed like a "bellend". But this is just sad how low he's dropped. Nobody decent wants to promote him eh

Comment

Another wasted fight by DeGale. He needs to dump Hennessy and his trainer and jump ship.

Comment

Working...
                  X