No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Sam Soliman's Statement on PED Test Claims

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Sam Soliman's Statement on PED Test Claims

Sam Soliman's team have released a statement regarding the claims that he tested positive for a "designer drug" in the aftermath of his upset decision win over Felix Sturm in IBF middleweight eliminator on February 1 in Germany.

[Click Here To Read More]

What's the deal with this? Was it all just sour grapes from Felix Sturm or is Sam Soliman blatantly lying?

Comment

So... what he's saying is the the drug he got caught with isn't specifically on the banned substances list?

Is that it?

Comment

"Tested for the agreed upon substances"

Hmmm...why not test for everything? Boxing needs some outside oversight, testing is a flat out joke. Test me for a and b but I promise to not use c? 1% of each purse should go into a silent fund to establish a panel of experts and lawyers to set in stone guidelines for testing and licenses to box should come with mandatory random testing for the duration of the athlete's career. I still believe GBP did Winky Wright wrong and put him in there with a Peter Quillin who had obviously failed his tests..."They took my samples, and his and then when I asked for the results they said they canceled all testing and threw away the samples" that right there is dangerous as hell for a myriad of reasons.

Comment

Germany is the corruption capital of boxing...it's a difficult place for an outside to get a win. That's why so many Americans refuse to go over there to box.

Comment

Sam is a clean fighter, Sturm you got beat fair and square. In my OPINION Sturm, his team and contacts are trying to taint Sams victory.

Comment

You have to love the wording

"did not test positive for any substance identified under the relevant rules"

"tested for the relevant, agreed upon substances"
              So basically, the drug Sam tested positive for is not supposed to be detectable says Team Soliman.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                "Tested for the agreed upon substances"

Hmmm...why not test for everything? Boxing needs some outside oversight, testing is a flat out joke. Test me for a and b but I promise to not use c? 1% of each purse should go into a silent fund to establish a panel of experts and lawyers to set in stone guidelines for testing and licenses to box should come with mandatory random testing for the duration of the athlete's career. I still believe GBP did Winky Wright wrong and put him in there with a Peter Quillin who had obviously failed his tests..."They took my samples, and his and then when I asked for the results they said they canceled all testing and threw away the samples" that right there is dangerous as hell for a myriad of reasons.

it sounds nice, but it will never happen. most boxers don't come close to generating enough money to justify the amount of money you'd need for the best possible testing. it costs hundreds of thousands of dollars to test an athlete year round for PEDs, if you want to administer the most effective tests.

i'd love to see commissions step up and either separately, or as a group, create some sort of system that better tests world class or televised boxing matches. the piss tests are a complete joke. it will start with baby steps. a few random blood tests for world title fights would be a great start.

also, if the samples can be frozen and tested down the road for the drugs for which the tests don't currently exist, that would be nice as well.

boxing pipe dreams, though. promotors will fight this tooth and nail. it won't help business. if floyd mayweather, manny pacquiao, canelo alvarez, and wladimir klitschko all tested positive for gas tomorrow then boxing may never recover. we all know JR cheats, and he's not the potential star he used to be.

did i cover all my bases with those fighters? i think i did

Comment

So what substances weren't "agreed upon"?

Comment

Working...
                  X