No announcement yet.

when is it time to begin sparring???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when is it time to begin sparring???

I have about 15 sessions under my belt with my trainer...we have been doing a lot of work with focus mitts and hitting the heavy bag a lot......I have learned the jab, straight, hook and their defenses....a lot of footwork too.

When do you start to spar though???????????????

I am anxious...

Normally a trainee cannot ask the trainer, he will tell you when you are ready but i guess you could ask since you are not some young wild puncher as i remember you writing about discipline and with your wrestling background and of course your age.

You could ask if you could spar one of their experience boxers, amateur or pro since they will take it easy on you and guide you. With them you are sure no wild punches will knock you out.

Having your first sparring session with a wild 16 year old is not a a good thing for both of you since both will try to knock to freak out of each other since every body is watching...

Comment

after about a month i really wanted to try and get in the ring, so i just asked my trainer if i can spar. He was ok with it and just told me and the other guy to go light and not try to KO each other...

Comment

Your trainer should know the answer to your question. The rest of us have no idea...

Comment

When is it time to start sparring........same thing I told these guys the other times....when YOU grow hair on ya nuts

Comment

Originally posted by 2swell k-wells View Post
            When is it time to start sparring........same thing I told these guys the other times....when YOU grow hair on ya nuts
            i'm not worried about getting the **** beat out of me at all.....i wouldnt have started if that was the case.....

Comment

i hate sparring i openly admitt it, theres no one on my level there either way to good or way to **** lol
              so most of the time im getin my ass kicked(not to bad cos they really try to help me)

Comment

I hate sparring for a lot of reasons but for one reason the sound of sparring gloves hitting off someone's head gear is the most annoying sound ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Detroit101 View Post
                  I have about 15 sessions under my belt with my trainer...we have been doing a lot of work with focus mitts and hitting the heavy bag a lot......I have learned the jab, straight, hook and their defenses....a lot of footwork too.

When do you start to spar though???????????????

I am anxious...

u have to talk to him about it.. make sure he knows u want to become a fighter. and are ready to spar as soon as he gives u the word.. u will have do some minor doctor **** and paperwork... then its good to go to start amatuers.. jus let ur trainer decide when ur ready

Comment

I dont know how you can hate sparring, its the funnest part of training besides looking good from working out

Comment

Working...
                    X