No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cleverly: Sergey Kovalev's Punches were Like a Hammer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cleverly: Sergey Kovalev's Punches were Like a Hammer

This past Saturday, Nathan Cleverly fifth defense of his WBO-light heavyweight title ended in disaster as he suffered a crushing fourth-round knockout defeat against Kovalev at the Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff. Cleverly is still coming to terms with this devastating defeat and has suggested there might be some major changes after losing his unbeaten record.

Kovalev has 20 stoppages in his 22 wins and Cleverly's granite chin could not withstand his concussive power. Cleverly was floored twice in the third round and revealed that the punches felt like being hit with a 'hammer'. [Click Here To Read More]

First time in awhile I've heard a guy in defeat, really praise and keep it real on his conquer.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetScience View Post
      First time in awhile I've heard a guy in defeat, really praise and keep it real on his conquer.
      i mean its not like he has any room to make excuses does he? clearly outclassed..the best he could is to make it out like he was only beaten by a superhuman

Comment

Originally posted by SweetScience View Post
        When somebody beats the hell out of you... you really have no choice

Comment

Sums Kovalev up pretty good. Good timing, good speed, OK skills and clubbing power.

Comment

Not surprised, nice to see him admit it, although I think anyone would call BS otherwise. . . Rematch? loool

Comment

The crazy thing is Kovalev's power still does major damage even when blocked.

Once he starts throwing hooks upstairs and downstairs, you're gonna be too afraid to open up. From then its just a matter of time. Only one fighter has gone the distance with Kovalev and that was a 8 round fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post

Once he starts throwing hooks upstairs and downstairs, you're gonna be too afraid to open up. From then its just a matter of time. Only one fighter has gone the distance with Kovalev and that was a 8 round fight.
                yup.

As I said in another thread, you can just see his opponents playstation life bar go further down everytime he lands.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post

Kovalev is not unstoppable, a boxer like Ward would probably beat him. Hopkins is too old to be tasting leather from Kovalev, I think Hopkins loses. Froch would probably beat him.

If Dawson wasn't shot, he would beat Kovalev.

Comment

Maybe he'll change his tune after vacation.

Comment

Working...
                    X