No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: More Opposition To AIBA's Plan Regarding Pro Boxers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: More Opposition To AIBA's Plan Regarding Pro Boxers

The plan of International Amateur Boxing Association (AIBA) president Dr. Ching Kuo Wu of Taiwan to exclude professional boxers who don’t join AIBA from the Olympic Games beginning in Brazil in 2016 has met with more opposition.

Promociones del Pueblo has protested the plan for AIBA to monopolize and control Olympic boxing and to exclude all those boxers belonging to an association different than the AIBA.

Reginaldo Kuchle, CEO of Promociones del Pueblo CEO Reginaldo Kuchle said in a statement that “these new regulations are strongly rejected by Promociones del Pueblo, since they completely destroy the Olympic dream of any amateur boxer that struggles to excel in the Olympic Games.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

Eventually, because of AIBA actions one of the oldest Olympic sports (namely boxing) will be banned from the Games...

Comment

I thought this was a bad thing at first, but Pro Athletes have always participated in the Olympics including NBA Stars, Tennis Stars, and many other sports in the game. Why not make all the best fighters in the world try to win bragging rights for the Olympics? I'm sure we'll have 10000-Times more viewers than ever before, and they can finally start judging these fights on a 10-point scale...

Comment

Originally posted by dblaze9 View Post
        I thought this was a bad thing at first, but Pro Athletes have always participated in the Olympics including NBA Stars, Tennis Stars, and many other sports in the game. Why not make all the best fighters in the world try to win bragging rights for the Olympics? I'm sure we'll have 10000-Times more viewers than ever before, and they can finally start judging these fights on a 10-point scale...
        Hardly any known pro fighters will fight in the Olympics. No real reward to guys making good money already. Instead we'll get a bunch of 32 year old pros from Uzbekistan and the likes fighting 18 year old kids. We do get that already with career amateurs, but a season pro is a lot different especially with the new changes.

The Olympics to me should be about future stars of the sport.
        Last edited by ИATAS; 07-05-2013, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dblaze9 View Post
          It ruins the spirit of the competition. Also I'm not a big fan of seeing NBA Stars, Tennis Stars etc. in the competition.

Comment

Yeah it's a bad idea. There's just no way this results in the creation of new stars. Imagine if some tricky 36 year old pro had turned pro and knocked out ODH in the olympics. Say Mayweather starts fading at age 40 then decides to make one last run at the Olympics. Old guys can still be tricky for young inexperienced Olympians.

Comment

Working...
            X