Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words” — Sergio: A Bad Night, or a Bad Sign?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad sign, he's an old man.

Comment

Nice Jager joke.

At first I thought you were going to say "it's fitting that Jager donated money to the HOF because most of the fighters are punch drunk."

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
        LMAO...or you just don't like the guy. Right now there are more than a few people in that division who don't want no part of Murray. He could've picked a hell of a lot worse. Murray showed some great defense in that fight don't discredit the kid.
        Just a bunch of pseudo-boxing fans who really only like one boxer and are scared of the comp. Murray, Barker and Macklin are all really good boxers. Meanwhile these dudes are hyping up Chavez' opposition as he gets ready for Brian Vera....lol.

Comment

Oh no, I can't be hearing people bad mouth Sergio. Isn't this the guy people had beating Floyd up if they got in the ring. What happen, did all his supporters just fall off the planet. How soon we forget, first it was Pac before he was put to sleep "Has he woke up yet"????? Now Sergio isn't in the running anymore. I guess you have one bad night in this sport & your supporters run like hell away from you...... Sad, real sad......

Comment

Definitely appears to be on the decline. Sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by oneon11 View Post
              Oh no, I can't be hearing people bad mouth Sergio. Isn't this the guy people had beating Floyd up if they got in the ring. What happen, did all his supporters just fall off the planet. How soon we forget, first it was Pac before he was put to sleep "Has he woke up yet"????? Now Sergio isn't in the running anymore. I guess you have one bad night in this sport & your supporters run like hell away from you...... Sad, real sad......
              lol only the fans who see one bad day and all get scared. Martinez didn't look as bad as you guys act like. I'd Still Favor him over any MW when his injuries fully heal.
              Although if they don't heal properly he should just retire and not risk worse

Comment

Sergio ALWAYS Has A Bad Night With Guys His Size Or Larger!

Sergio isn't smart enough to be a great champion. THis is why he spent so much time calling out Floyd and Pacquiao, both much smaller than him, because guys like Barker, Chavez, Murray.... they give Sergio too much trouble, expose his soft chin, and no WAY will Sergio ever climb in the ring to fight Canelo. Sergio can't beat Austin Trout! Tired of hearing about Sergio... tore his knee, hurt his hand, broke his hand, floored against Chavez, floored against Murray, Barker mugged and cut him up..... Sergio has never been smart enough to keep his hands up, thinks he's Ali or something, which he is not. Go away. Nobody teaches Boxing that way, you're athletic, but not a great Boxer, no matter how long you've held your title.

Comment

The litany of excuses is as embarrassing as the result. Murray won this fight, it was a superb performance against a guy most people have on their P4P lists. I hope he gets the credit he deserves, and gets the big fights in which he clearly belongs.

Comment

Martinez is my favorite fighter in the sport, but he looked really really bad. I had him winning on my card, but that doesn't change the problems I saw. He didn't look quick, didn't have the same ability to dodge punches, and looked extremely ordinary for the first time in his career. His style is not going to allow him to be a fighter who can be successful as his athletic ability declines. I think he should seriously consider retiring, but if he fights again he should take as much time as necessary to ensure he's 100% healthy.

Comment

Sergio Martinez looked a lot worse than Zab Judah

Sergio Martinez is not the same after getting knocked down by Chavez Jr., who would've known father and son both ****ed someone up for life, Sergio Martinez is not even close to what he was only a months ago in september, Zab Judah looked a lot better than Martinez and Zab fought a real champion at the top of the 140 division while Martinez fought someone that's not close at all o being at the top of the 160 division

Comment

Working...
                      X