No announcement yet.

Biggest hardship in your life?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest hardship in your life?

And how did you endure it and did it make you a better person in the end?

I'm trying to think right now, I've had some but nothing really serious that is worth discussing here.

The hardest thing I've ever been through is when I was younger, around 9-10. My mum had been married since I was around 6, and we moved over to Blackburn which was away from all our family in Liverpool. Her husband started hitting her and made her slave around all day looking after him because he supposedly had diabetes.

This really affected me personally because there was nothing anyone could do because my mum wouldn't speak up. When she finally did, she kicked him out and had a restraining order put on him. Then she became clinically depressed because of all the pressure she had been under and this really took its toll on me, especially since I had been watching the way that bastard had been treating her.

During the divorce procedure he kept sending us letters, saying he was going to break into our house and kill us etc. and the police wouldn't do anything about it. So I lived in fear for a good few years waiting for him to return but thankfully he never did.

This is by far the most traumatic period of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin' View Post
      And how did you endure it and did it make you a better person in the end?

I'm trying to think right now, I've had some but nothing really serious that is worth discussing here.

i have a very, very, dysfunctional family. i saw things growing up that no kid should ever see. all i can say is, without my faith in God, i wouldn't be alive today, whether that is good or bad, i can't really say. i can say, it's kept me out of trouble, i can think of several times where i should have been arrested, or where i lost everything, and somehow things always turned around - not because of anything i did. i don't know about any of this "better person" crap, i'm as ****ed up as anybody, but i do know, there's no way i could get through life if i had to do it on my own

Comment

Originally posted by The Raging Bull View Post
        The hardest thing I've ever been through is when I was younger, around 9-10. My mum had been married since I was around 6, and we moved over to Blackburn which was away from all our family in Liverpool. Her husband started hitting her and made her slave around all day looking after him because he supposedly had diabetes.

This really affected me personally because there was nothing anyone could do because my mum wouldn't speak up. When she finally did, she kicked him out and had a restraining order put on him. Then she became clinically depressed because of all the pressure she had been under and this really took its toll on me, especially since I had been watching the way that bastard had been treating her.

During the divorce procedure he kept sending us letters, saying he was going to break into our house and kill us etc. and the police wouldn't do anything about it. So I lived in fear for a good few years waiting for him to return but thankfully he never did.

Damn that's some terrifying ****. Nothing in my life even compares to that. I've had a ton of little hardships - most of which I have all endured with flying colours which is why I attribute myself to having a good sense of confidence in daily life.

Comment

something like that stays with u for the rest of your life

Comment

Damn that's some terrifying ****. Nothing in my life even compares to that. I've had a ton of little hardships - most of which I have all endured with flying colours which is why I attribute myself to having a good sense of confidence in daily life.
            It was hell the five or so years he was with us. I don't really talk about it much, but it's always good to let things out.

"What doesn't kill you can only make you stronger".

Comment

It was hell the five or so years he was with us. I don't really talk about it much, but it's always good to let things out.

"What doesn't kill you can only make you stronger".
              That quote is true as hell. That's why no one should regret ANYTHING they do unless it's something like murder or a mortal sin because every single experience good or bad makes you a better person.

Comment

That quote is true as hell. That's why no one should regret ANYTHING they do unless it's something like murder or a mortal sin because every single experience good or bad makes you a better person.
                Yep I say it a lot when I'm feeling down or I've done something wrong. What is the most scared you have ever been?

Comment

Yep I say it a lot when I'm feeling down or I've done something wrong. What is the most scared you have ever been?
                  I can't really think of many man...

There was the one time where I was almost kidnapped but that was when I was around 10. I've had **** loads of times where my manhood & inner strength was tested and most of the time I got through it...but sometimes I didn't.

Comment

I can't really think of many man...

There was the one time where I was almost kidnapped but that was when I was around 10. I've had **** loads of times where my manhood & inner strength was tested and most of the time I got through it...but sometimes I didn't.
                    I would seriously **** it if I was kidnapped. Life is just a test to shape your personaly and character. Everyone faces tough times in their life. That's what I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X