No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach Praises David Price: He's Much Better Than Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach Praises David Price: He's Much Better Than Fury

Trainer Freddie Roach believes unbeaten British champion David Price (13-0, 11KOs) is the best up and coming heavyweight in the game. Standing at 6'8 and consistently showcasing a solid combination of boxing ability and one-punch power - Roach expects Price to eventually become a serious threat to the Klitschko brothers, Wladimir and Vitali. [Click Here To Read More]

I agree with Roach that Price is a bit better than Fury at this point. The fact that Furys name comes up whenever there is talk about Price, makes me believe that Tyson Fury is on the right track to become Champion as well. I have stated before that Price and Fury are the two best Heavyweights in the UK and now they may be the Best two Heavyweights not named Klitschko. Price challenging Harrison is a nice step up and I just hope he takes one more match against a bum in December after he destroys A-Force. Both Fury and Price appear to be taking their time in moving up the Ranks, as they seem to be waiting for Wlad and Vitali to retire, but its probably a smart move on their part. I know the UK wants to see these two up and comers fight, however, it should be for a World Championship, so it may be another year before that happens.

Comment

Don't think it takes Roach to say something for people to realise, Stevie Wonder could see the difference between 'em.

Price has the boxing ability, physical attributes and power but it's his infamous chin I worry about. Although he's never been properly KOed, he's been down and any doubts need to be sorted out.

Fury, however, has a good chin and it's his naivety and lack of defence which get him caught. Pajkic did have him down but Fury didn't look hurt and finished the Canadian off soon after. He's come on leaps and bounds since the move to Steward and it would seem he's settled with his current trainer. Fury's only 24 too, so he definitely has time on his side and would benefit from linking with Steward again.

As of right now, Price and Fury are a few levels apart and I can see Fury struggling when he steps up. Fury's shown vulnerabilities already where as Price is blazing through opposition.

Comment

According to The Roach, Price is " a much better fighter than Fury". But he only
        "like him a little better".

You know these uneducated igoramuses, particularly in the boxing world where the depths are regularly plumbed, talk too much, just because they have others of the same kind who'll listent to them. It really lowers the standard of journalism.

Comment

I think Fury will end up doing better. It's important to take into consideration the 5-year age gap and amateur experience difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            I think Fury will end up doing better. It's important to take into consideration the 5-year age gap and amateur experience difference.
            Absolutely. I was verry impressed about Fury in his last fight. Compared to his first fights he has improved VERRY MUCH! Hes improving verry fast. Right now Price might be a bit better, but in 1-2 years Fury could be better.

Comment

More gold from boxing experts. Who said nobody other than sofa fans thought anything of Price?

Comment

Working...
              X