No announcement yet.

How long does Calzaghe last vs Benn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post
    No fighter has ever made BHOP look as pedestrian and helpless as Calzaghe did. Calzaghe did better than Pascal, Tarver, Taylor, Pavlik, he was such a problem that Hopkins was faking low blows just to recover from the punishment.

ANd yes I do rank the 2008 BHOP over the 1993 BHOP that Jones beat. Hopkins was green, drained and hadnt started cycling steroids yet.
    The sad part about calzaghe is that he was both on steroids and cocaine yet was still never impressive and was given gift stoppages without throwing punches, and arguably lost to an old man in Bernard Hopkins and was dropped by shot to bits Roy Jones. Tell me who else could Roy Jones drop at that point? He could barely get a punch off and he was impossible to miss. He had no reflexes, no punch power, no handspeed, no defense, and he was brain damaged.

Comment

The last decent punch Jones ever threw just made Joe mad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1ojg...layer_embedded

Comment

Zags would get him in 12UD. Joe gets underrated all the time and I cant see why. Benn was way more fun to watch but not the better boxer of the two. Zags may have to survive a KD but he's done it before. I think he wins in comfort. 116-112

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
          The sad part about calzaghe is that he was both on steroids and cocaine yet was still never impressive and was given gift stoppages without throwing punches, and arguably lost to an old man in Bernard Hopkins and was dropped by shot to bits Roy Jones. Tell me who else could Roy Jones drop at that point? He could barely get a punch off and he was impossible to miss. He had no reflexes, no punch power, no handspeed, no defense, and he was brain damaged.
          Calzaghe has never used performance enhancers and there is no evidence to suggest otherwise. His body is all natural and he retired at the apt age of 37.

With Hopkins there are 3 glaring red flags:

1. He mysteriously improved his strength and stamina at an age where most boxers are on the decline. He is clearly stronger now than he was in 2004 against Jermaine Taylor. Unnatural... abnormal.

2. Around the same time of his sudden resurgence, he moved his training camps from Philadelphia to Florida which is the HGH capital of the world. Same place Evander was busted.

3. His head is significantly bigger now than it was in the 1990's. Who's head grows past age 12? Hes Definitely on drugs.

Comment

No fighter has ever made BHOP look as pedestrian and helpless as Calzaghe did. Calzaghe did better than Pascal, Tarver, Taylor, Pavlik, he was such a problem that Hopkins was faking low blows just to recover from the punishment.

ANd yes I do rank the 2008 BHOP over the 1993 BHOP that Jones beat. Hopkins was green, drained and hadnt started cycling steroids yet.
            You're both making ridiculous claims of steroid use and neither of you have ANY proof, only speculation.

Comment

Calzaghe wins quite easy. Benn was a banger with a porous defense and he had difficulties against Logan, who was a clubfighter, Piper, who was only known for being a member of MENSA and he was upset by Watson.

I'm certain that Benn would not tag the quick Calzaghe and that would be his only chance. Rather I see Joe winning an easy one-sided decision or late KO.

Comment

What on earth makes you think that Joe was on PED's? What makes him more suspicious than anybody else?

And to your claim that old Jones cannot hurt anybody well if you watched Jones fight Lebedev you would have seen that an even older Jones had a cruiserweight with a great chin clearly hurt. There's an old saying that fits Jones very well: The first thing you lose is your punch resistance. The last thing you lose is your punch.

Comment

Calzaghe has never used performance enhancers and there is no evidence to suggest otherwise. His body is all natural and he retired at the apt age of 37.

With Hopkins there are 3 glaring red flags:

1. He mysteriously improved his strength and stamina at an age where most boxers are on the decline. He is clearly stronger now than he was in 2004 against Jermaine Taylor. Unnatural... abnormal.

2. Around the same time of his sudden resurgence, he moved his training camps from Philadelphia to Florida which is the HGH capital of the world. Same place Evander was busted.

3. His head is significantly bigger now than it was in the 1990's. Who's head grows past age 12? Hes Definitely on drugs.
                  So Florida is the HGH capitol of the world. What makes you say that?

Comment

Lebedev is a piece of crap along with the rest of the cruiserweight division.

Calzaghe was also dropped by Salem, Mitchell and Hopkins, his chin gets highly overrated on these boards.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                      Lebedev is a piece of crap along with the rest of the cruiserweight division.

Calzaghe was also dropped by Salem, Mitchell and Hopkins, his chin gets highly overrated on these boards.
                      Getting dropped and getting up is not the same as:

Getting dropped and staying dropped.

Calzaghe has a solid chin, and was never that badly hurt, maybe by Byron Mitchell.

Comment

Working...
                      X