Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Cotto way past his best? Private Poll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure. I dont think Cotto is done yet though, i still think he has the skills and ability to bounce back. Im just not sure how much more he can take!

Comment

Originally posted by Casual View Post
      Not sure. I dont think Cotto is done yet though, i still think he has the skills and ability to bounce back. Im just not sure how much more he can take!
      If Cotto gets stopped by Foreman, then we know how past it Cotto is. Yes, everyone knows Foreman has underrated power but I doubt Foreman would ever beat a prime-Cotto. Not that Foreman is a knockout artist, he just has a little bit more pop to his punches then he gets credited for.

Comment

I still think Cotto is physically in his prime. His stamina and chin issues were always there, although his chin did benefit from going up in weight.

I think Cotto's downfall is mentally, he doesn't look the same in the ring and appears to be discouraged really easily ever since Margarito made him quit.

Comment

Originally posted by SoldierWarrior View Post
          Yes, because Cotto has taken a **** load of punishment in his career. He has taken alot of punishment like Joe Frazier, though I know heavyweight punches probably take a bit more toll on fighters.

E-Steward is going to have Cotto fighting smart like Wlad and take as much minimal damage as he can most likely against Foreman.
          So what you are saying is a guy can look better than he ever did but is still past it?

Comment

The Foreman fight is gonna tell. He has a better trainer in place and is not gonna be weight drained, so he has some benefits. But on the flip side Foreman poses problems to any fighter, he can box and is much taller and a naturally a bigger man. Guess we find out on June

Comment

He's still young, hungry and a lot to prove for Cotto to become past prime. Only here on this site that when a boxer loses he's automatically past prime.

Comment

Originally posted by SoldierWarrior View Post
                Cotto had wars with:

Pacquiao
                Clottey
                Margarito
                Mosley
                Judah
                Torres
                no. cotto simply stepped up in competition. if cotto starts fighting average boxers again you will start thinking his is invincible.

Comment

his best was during the mosley fight. so to say way past it i a stretch.

Comment

Working...
                  X