No announcement yet.

Peter Quillin: "GGG is a risky fighter"..."Not enough money to fight him"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BendOver View Post
    I'll put my money on Quillin if they ever face each other.
    Pete will make sure your money's safe

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      scared?

as in "this guy frightens me?"

of course not. he fights people for a living. he's been beating people up for a long time now. he probably thinks he's the best MW in the world. most world class fighters think that way.

but he admitted that the fight was "too risky" for the price. that is what it is. there's no interpretation involved in that. he's not willing to fight golovkin unless the money is big. that's not his stance on the other MW contenders, only golovkin. that's everybody's stance on golovkin.

getting your doors boxed off by martinez is one thing. if golovkin has his way you will get your f#cking face caved in. you can only take so many of those beatings in one lifetime. that's the "risk" they're talking about. he's good, has a chin, and he can bang as good as anybody in the game right now.
      No, that isn't what it is. You guys truly do not understand what boxing is about when it comes to the money situation. You see/hear words, and misinterpret them not really understanding what is going on even when a fighter is telling you the real.

The fight has to have value for both guys-period. Two world champions deserve to be paid-period. I don't know if Golovkin can bang with the best in the game until he does it to a world class fighter/champion. I just know that the majority of you think that Quillins words read different, and they don't.

That's everybody's stance on Golovkin? GTFOOH with that. There are fighters out there who would fight ANY champion for peanuts. When you reach championship status, your mindset changes. You start to think about money and your future.

Comment

• Not enough money to fight GGG but too much money to fight Korobov, Quillin is a slick businessman

Comment

Working...
        X