Lets put the 5th fight talks to bed already.... 4 were enough

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea enough is enough,Jmm won the war

Comment

You know....A lot of people were saying no to fight #4 and it turns out we got one of the best fights this year. If not the best.

I think a 5th fight is deserving. Why not! Wheather you like a 5th fight or not, these two have done wonders for boxing. Just this fight alone has been the talk. If it's good entertainment then I say bring it. If you're that turned off by it then just don't tune in.

I feel Manny should get an oppertunity for redeemtion as any fighter who has been ko'd. Wasn't like he was being slaughtered the whole fight. Had he were then definitely not.

I believe Manny's going to want to some payback. Sounds to me that has the makings for another great fight. My 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Evilution KO View Post
        Sure and I would support the decision say pacquiao would sign the dotted line next week for a fight in may at the latest. That's just not going to happen. Marquez needs to think about my second point which is if it was him knocked out would manny fight him again? I don't think so. If Marquez would had lost in the fashion manny lost pacquiao wouldnt give him a rematch. The answer would have been, what for I just knocked you out.

If Marquez fights again it needs to be in a few months (summer time) vs Bradley or rios. After that win loose or draw he should retire.

Pacquiao if he is smart should take a nice break of a few months away from boxing. After that get back in the gym to train, if he still has the hunger and the skill then make a fight vs a soft opponent. If he wins then challenge mayweather for all the marbles. Heck even say he will fight for free to call him out. Nothing more out there for pacquiao to recapture his aura then to beat floyd. I don't think it will happen though.
        I'm sure Pac wants to get it done asap, probably 12 months from now or sooner. Bradley and Rios would be pretty dangerous or taxing fights for JMM for a small fraction of the money. And not only would the money be huge, he'd get to call the shots on Pac in the negotiations, which he'd love.

Comment

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post
          I don't post that much either but it's up to PAC if its. He gave this man 3 rematches and then Marquez runs and says viva Mexico and contemplates retiring. People crying the first 3 robberies. PAC shouldn't of gave Juan ass *****. These morons talking about the rivalry is now complete. That's craps up to Manny and how he feels. He owes him that much. That's like me fighting any poster on here 4 times, 1 of those times you're bound to drown. So it's up to Manny if he wants it and then Marquez go win it again and viva Mexico.
          Pac didn't GIVE Marquez three rematches because he didn't beat him three times. First was a Draw second was Pac winning. Third fight Arum wanted it, Pac wanted it because he and his team tought it would be a big victory with Pac fighting at a higher weight and Marquez age. Fourt fight same story, Pac and his team wanted it because they didn't look good in the third fight, many thought Marquez won it so they wanted to prove they where better. Don't make it sound like Pac gave Marquez three fights out of the kindness of his heart.

Truth is they fought Marquez again and again because they couldn't beat him convincingly. They tought the higher weight and Marquez being older would work to their advantage, it didn't. Pac bit of more then he could chew and got knocked the fück out by a more skilled technican with a better gameplan.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivansmamma View Post
            Pac didn't GIVE Marquez three rematches because he didn't beat him three times. First was a Draw second was Pac winning. Third fight Arum wanted it, Pac wanted it because he and his team tought it would be a big victory with Pac fighting at a higher weight and Marquez age. Fourt fight same story, Pac and his team wanted it because they didn't look good in the third fight, many thought Marquez won it so they wanted to prove they where better. Don't make it sound like Pac gave Marquez three fights out of the kindness of his heart.

Truth is they fought Marquez again and again because they couldn't beat him convincingly. They tought the higher weight and Marquez being older would work to their advantage, it didn't. Pac bit of more then he could chew and got knocked the fück out by a more skilled technican with a better gameplan.
            That's all fine, but Pac was the a side, and JMM has been desperate for another chance after all 3. Last couple of years he was in boxing solely for Pac, totally uninterested in other comp. Lots of guys are happy to leave it at a close controversial decision, esp against a guy that's got you figured out.

Comment

I personally don't want to see a 5th fight.

The ship has sailed now.

Comment

Originally posted by Evilution KO View Post
                What nobody seems to address is the focal point of my argument, which is the timing. Who in their right mind thinks Marquez should wait a minimum of 16 months to fight again. Manny is not going to jump right back in the ring vs Marquez. You want to talk about busting up, let's look at the reality which is manny got dropped by a big right hand in the 3rd and then was put to sleep in the 6th. He suffered a devastating knockout that has the potential to end a career.

What else does Marquez need to prove? That he can do it again at the ancient age of 42? Is it whoever scores two KOs in a row the winner?

The timing of it all hurts jmm a lot more than pacquiao. At the age of 39 Marquez is already pushing it, at 41-42 he is playing with fire. He should walk away with his huge victory and his health.
                u do know that counter punchers or boxers ages slow than brawlers

because their style is to keep themselves from getting damage

to me pac and marquez is about the same age

because pac has been in so many fights againts heavy punchers dont forget the mighty brick gheto

so to say that there is no age advantage to this two great fighters

i was saying if marquez walks away from the 5th fight, his walking away from $$$$
                marquez has pacs numbers as most fans claim so,
                there is no reason to walk away from easy money and easy fight

walking away just shows us a fear of different result of the 5th fight
                and walking away from it

as to answer the bolded part
                he needs to prove that he wasnt saved by the KO(one punch can end the fight) a fight were we saw him bloodied all over his face

this series is not over until one of them say NO MAS
                and if one of them is getting picked apart by the other

Comment

4 is enough, this isn't the NBA finals. 3 great fights decided by matter of opinion, but JMM left no questions this time. It's over.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    That's all fine, but Pac was the a side, and JMM has been desperate for another chance after all 3. Last couple of years he was in boxing solely for Pac, totally uninterested in other comp. Lots of guys are happy to leave it at a close controversial decision, esp against a guy that's got you figured out.
                    Yeah, Pac isn't most guys, he was a great champion so he wanted a definitive win over Marquez. That's worthy of respect. He tried a fourth time, it didn't happen so now we have three close fights and one conclusive win for Marquez. Pac has tried four times to beat Marquez and he hasen't done it convincingly if they fight again in a year or two Marquez will be most likely be diminished with age, he is already slowing down. I don't think there is any time for a fifth fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivansmamma View Post
                      Yeah, Pac isn't most guys, he was a great champion so he wanted a definitive win over Marquez. That's worthy of respect. He tried a fourth time, it didn't happen so now we have three close fights and one conclusive win for Marquez. Pac has tried four times to beat Marquez and he hasen't done it convincingly if they fight again in a year or two Marquez will be most likely be diminished with age, he is already slowing down. I don't think there is any time for a fifth fight.
                      I couldnt agree more with this response. Father time is against both guys here. For pacquiao to come back in a few months after suffering a knock out like that where he was put to sleep is not a great idea. If he wants to fight again he should take his time and do things the right way.

For Marquez to wait around getting older is crazy all for more money. The fourth fight ko brought closure, let's move on.

Comment

Working...
                      X