Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Alvarez doesn't want to fight any 154lbs contendors...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    I don't understand why everyone keeps mentioning Canelo facing Ryan Rhodes?

Rhodes was a contender back when no one was fighting at 154 and the division wasn't as hot as it is now.

The division has changed drastically since then to now. That's crystal clear. The division is not the same. How long will Canelo live off of fighting Rhodes as an excuse to why he can't fight a strong JMW today?

Let me ask those that advocate Canelo fighting Rhodes as a legit fight a question. If Canelo was able to fight the #3 or #6 contender in Ryan Rhodes, or whatever ranking he was, a few years ago, then why can't he fight the #3 or #6 ranked fighter today (few years later)?

Unless you're admitting that Ryan Rhodes was a joke, if he did it a few years ago, he should not only be able to do the same today, but more.
    Probably because that's the only fighter he's fought in the Top 5.

But, at the end of the day, despite being a solid win for him, it is Ryan Rhodes.

Beating him is hardly something to shout about.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Probably because that's the only fighter he's fought in the Top 5.

But, at the end of the day, despite being a solid win for him, it is Ryan Rhodes.

Beating him is hardly something to shout about.
      Yeah, it's Ryan Rhodes during a time 154 was weak.

Let's say I play devil's advocate. If he can beat the # (whatever) ranked JMW then, why not do it today?

Because it was a weak win, that's why.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        Yeah, it's Ryan Rhodes during a time 154 was weak.

Let's say I play devil's advocate. If he can beat the # (whatever) ranked JMW then, why not do it today?

Because it was a weak win, that's why.
        Agreed.

And even then, he wasn't fighting the top fighters.

Rhodes was the only top ranked fighter he fought at that time, and ever.

Comment

Working...
        X