No announcement yet.

Dana White: "Overeem wasn't pushed out of SWGP he quit"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana White: "Overeem wasn't pushed out of SWGP he quit"

"Showtime picked the date for September, they control the dates and that's when they want to have it. They told us (Overeem) had to pull out of the tournament. Just to clarify because I've seen on twitter where they're saying that he's been "taken out of the tournament." Why the hell would we take Alistair Overeem out of the tournament? He said he couldn't compete because he hurt his toe."

"They decided to pull out of this fight, and it has nothing to do with us. He was never strong-armed or bullied or disrespected in any way, shape, or form."

"(Overeem fighting the Klitschkos) a really, really bad idea. It's not what he does. And to be honest with you, not to disrespect him or whatever, you asked me a question and I'm gonna tell you the truth - his hands didn't look that good against Werdum. You think you're gonna go out there and box the Klitschkos?"
    Rest of the interview....
    Talks about Machida, Tito, more....

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000">

Originally posted by kaps View Post
    Rest of the interview....
    Talks about Machida, Tito, more....

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000">
    I stopped listening to White talkin' ages ago, don't like the man,..... thinks he's more important than all fighters, I mean they MADE him and the moment one dares to argue with him is out on his rear, Thanks White. I wish he retired/

Comment

Word, **** Dana White. I didn't get anything new out of it. The event was pushed up, Alistair refused to fight sooner, and was dropped as a result. Did Dana contradict that or convolute it?

Anyway it's been my dream to be K-1, UFC, and Universal boxing champ long before Alistair went into K-1. I love the idea. Always have, and can't be convinced that a man can't win in all three sports. Alistair can train, and can win. He wasn't boxing Werdum ****ing apples and oranges. Everyone from K-1 claimed no one from mma could hang until the reem took they're belt. Conventional wisedom will claim it's just short of impossible until someone does it. then it'll be the bar, a new standard. If Alistair doesn't do it I will, and if I fall someone else won't.

Comment

Working...
      X