Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Jr: Manny Pacquiao Can Bounce Back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Floyd "piggybacking" off of Pac's name again?

Comment

Mayweather actually said that his legacy ISN'T defined off of what Pacquiao does... So, no he's not piggybacking.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanly Ketchel View Post
        Not quite as funny and strange as a fightder who was a flyweight and was Ko'd at lower weight classes and then all of a sudden is walking through Welter and JM punches, then when suspicions are raised, that same fighter struggling with lighter guys now. Not quite as strange as a guy who was a skinny kid, then blew up for the Cotto-Margarito era, head is twice as big and facial features different now, then suspicions are raised, and now not quite as jacked as he was and being hurt by smaller fighters. HMMMMMMM, EHHHHHH?? Some of us real boxing fans remember your hero going life and death with oscar larios and jorge solis at 126 and 130, so I know it is hard for you to fathom, but trust me it happened, before youe became an expert. Oh, my that's weird???. ....
        Come man quit the hate. Manny turn pro when he was 16. To say "all of a sudden is walking through WW and JM punches." Etc... Manny is about to turn 34 or 35. To say "all of a sudden" is crazy. 16 to 29/30 years old isn't "all of a sudden."

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
          ya think......

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            of course it wouldn't be $2 mil, it would be the base $7-8 mil he gets for his ppv fights, before any ppv revenue.

Manny was easily winning before he got KTFO. But IDK if Bradley or JMM again is what he needs after that brutal KO. Same for RIos, especially if he plans to fight more.

Just my opinion.
            $7 Million? Lol..Pacquaio hasn't earned less than $14 million a fight in about 5 years now..the record for a paid cable channel fight is $2.5 million and they won't go any higher..they don't consider it cost effective so he won't be fighting on HBO/Showtime anytime soon..

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
            Pac never had punch resistance. He just hadn't been hit so clean in years. Finally got caught-again!
            Dude go watch the Margarito fight..it's also the reason pacquaio said he'd never fight in that weight range again hence why he's not going up to fight Cotto at 154. I personally think Manny had some post fight damage too from the margs fight.

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
            So who are all of these PPV opponents lined up for Pacquiao? Bradley 2 isn't really viable in my opinion and neither is Rios.No he wasn't. He was up 1 point on the judges' scorecards and personally I had Marquez up 1 point. That right hand didn't come out of nowhere. Marquez was landing those counters plus some nice body shots for the entire fight. The KO punch was just perfectly timed.
            Bradley is indeed a ppv viable option, because just like ppl tuned in to watch Marquez get his revenge they'll tune in just as much to watch Pacquaio get his as will many of his detractors here to see if he's still got it or not. I think Bradley 2 does a million ppv's at minimum..it's a high profile fight now..all the controversy will sell this fight. Tim Bradley like him or not is a bonafide top ten p4p fighter, he may have gotten a robbery but he's a much more legit candidate to fight pacquaio than Guerrero/Ortiz were/will be for Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              Floyd Mayweather Jr. believes his career rival, Manny Pacquiao, can bounce back from the shocking sixth round knockout defeat at hands of Juan Manuel Marquez. On December 8th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Pacquiao was knocked out cold when he walked into a right hand counter from Marquez.

[Click Here To Read More]
              FMJ just wants that paper.

Comment

You don't bounce back after a state execution.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                  is mayweather losing fans or something? what happened to being the bad guy of the sport? why all of a sudden mayweather is playing the nice guy card. he's obviously not gonna face pacquiao anytime soon, so why throw praises at pacquiao?
                  Well, the man is basically 36 years old, it'd be a little silly if he was still bashing opponents. He had to mature at some point. If you think about it, he hadn't really talked **** since the Ortiz fight nearly 3 years ago.

Comment

'ya floyd is really showing a lot of class lately (minus the "piggy back off my name comment") . whether he means it or not doesnt matter. he finally stopped acting like a total jackass in public.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
                      floyd doesnt need to piggyback off a hypejob who just got knocked the **** out by a guy floyd toyed with and pitshed a shutout,hes the highest paid athelte in the word u kids are to much focused on hating him but u cant see u owns u lmao.floyds words here are very typical of course he aint gonna knock the kid,mannys already dealing with a lot like getting ktfo by marquez lmao.

Comment

Working...
                      X