No announcement yet.

Someone explain to me how Pacquiao is ducking Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by INJECT View Post
    You almost sounded somewhat credible until that point.

I'm actually a fan of Martinez, but I only included that to show how ridiculous it looks to nitpick a fighter's record, and how the unending criticisms lobbied against Pacquiao are not applied to other fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by NSX-R View Post
      I'm actually a fan of Martinez, but I only included that to show how ridiculous it looks to nitpick a fighter's record, and how the unending criticisms lobbied against Pacquiao are not applied to other fighters.
      I don't agree with (criticisms lobbied against Pacquiao are not applied to other fighters) this statement. Floyd is often criticized for his competition although aside from Pac I think he has been taking the best fights he could. Sergio Martinez is criticized for constantly calling out Floyd and Pac and he should be. Those 2 are much too small to fight him unless they drain him to near death, and were they to win under those circumstances they wouldn't get much credibility from it anyway. Up until the Froch fight Bute was criticized, as was Calzaghe his whole career and in my opinion with good reason. Pac is taking a pretty good fight right now against Bradley in my opinion. Hard to call who's gonna come out on top in that one.

Comment

I also thought Floyd vs Cotto at 154 was a damn good fight for Floyd to take. He is not a 154 pounder and it showed by Cottos ability to outmuscle Floyd easily in that fight. Floyd won big i think but he had to work his ass off for it.

Comment

bwahaha. this thread is epic. Pac said hed fight him at 50. everything was cool since Sergio said he couldnt make the weight. The moment he said he would, Pac said you have to come down to 47.

that is called a duck duck goose

Comment

If he goes back to the JMW division, then yes, he's ducking. However, he stated that he wouldn't gp back to JMW. So unless Martinez wants to come down to 147, Pac has no obligation to fight him.

Comment

Working...
            X