Best Chins In Boxing: All Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post

Marvin Hagler
    Of course it's going to be great when a lot of them are smaller than you.

Comment

Jake Lamotta

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
        Are u serious? You said Hagler fought mainly smaller guys? Have you seen most of his fights?

Comment

I wouldn't put Ray at the top cos he moved too much. Y'know? He never planted his feet and slugged it out round for round. So his chin was never as easy to catch as Hagler.

He still took a hell of a hit and had a hell of a chin but I wouldn't say best chin cos its inconclusive due to his excellent movement.

I guess that sounds dumb but its my thoughts at 1.30 am waitin for some Roger mayweather chat.

Comment

Leonard had a pretty good chin, above average, but not one of the best chins out there. If he great confidence in his chin he likely would have engaged Hearns more early on of their first fight.

Duran had SRL briefly on queer street in thier first fight in the second round. He also was hurt in the Geraldo fight. But only when he lost his reflexes that he started to hit the canvas as he did against Howard, Hearns 2, lalonde, and Norris.

Comment

Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
              Are u serious? You said Hagler fought mainly smaller guys? Have you seen most of his fights?
              Can you tell me where most of the fab 4 made their career at??

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                Yeah I forgot that he fought Juan Roldan, Mustafa Hamsho, Alan Minter, Fulgencio Obelmejias, and Vito Antuofermo and that they where all little guys.

Oh and he beat that midget Mugabi.

Comment

Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
                  Are you going for old times or modern times?

Going way back guys like Kid Gavilan, SRR, and Young Stribling. Gavilan was never knocked out and he had well over 100 fights.

More modern times Carlos Monzon. He was knockdown only once in his 100th professional fight. Niccolino Loche another tough argentine fighter- only 1 ko in over 100 fights. Than you have two puerto rican steel chins in Juan Laporte went the distance with guys like Chavez, Sanchez, Gomez, and Nelson- al great punchers. Camacho in 87 fights never knocked out and fought Trinidad, Chavez, De La hoya(in prime), Ramirez, and Boom Boom Mancini.

Marvin Hagler took the best shots of Duran, Hearns, Geraldo, Minter, MUgabi(had 26 fights and 26 KOs when he fought Hagler), Briscoe, and Obeljimas.

Special mention to Holyfied as well, very tough chin especially since he moved up in weight from Cruiser to HW.
                  Good post. Green K'ed

Comment

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post
                    Yeah I forgot that he fought Juan Roldan, Mustafa Hamsho, Alan Minter, Fulgencio Obelmejias, and Vito Antuofermo and that they where all little guys.

Oh and he beat that midget Mugabi.
                    Who???????

Comment

Hearns Duran Leonard...all great fights. All great sluggers. None put him down.

Lets get some more heavyweights. Anyone beat Chuvalo?

I mean chinwise... Holyfield is up already
                      Last edited by omarinbox; 07-18-2010, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X