Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Arreola Gets Called Out By Chauncy Welliver During Arreola Interview! (Audio)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gauze View Post
    yeah he should just fight him. everyone else worthwhile in the division is busy with other fights anyway. might as well stay active and keep that weight down
    If anything it'll be a good stay busy fight for Arreola and should, in theory, be much more challenging than his past couple of fights.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
      welliver was 290 when he fought solis but now weighs in the 230s.he has worked hard with joe hipp & has been very active.welliver has 2 regional belts.one from the WBO(interim asia pacific) & WBC(continental americas).david tua(asian pacific)is #2 in WBO & welliver has been trying to exercise his right for a title shot at TUA's asian pacific title but has not been able to secure the fight.i'm surprised tua hasnt been stripped or forced to fight him.tua owns 2 WBO regional belts & has a plan to rematch barrett in the summer followed by a showdown with kali meehan.i think welliver vs arreola is a great idea.if welliver puts his 2 belts on the line it would give arreola a much higher ranking if he beat him.welliver can take a punch but i just dont think he is a top contender but he hasnt had any fights vs a namr other then solis.welliver has dropped 60lbs & desperately wants a fight on TV with a name opponent.give him credit for trying to get tua & arreola in the ring.he has worked hard to get himself in striking distance of a big fight & was smart to go after a couple regional belts.bermane stiverne has 3 belts & is in an WBC eliminator vs ray austin & he hasnt beaten anyone with a heart beat.id like to see these 2 fight but a welliver\stiverne fight would have been good to.
      Agreed. Welliver has worked tirelessly to get himself back into contention. He was nowhere near as well-conditioned against Solis compared to his present-day fitness level. His technical skills are above average, in my opinion, and he mentioned on a previous show that Pernell Whitaker is his favorite fighter so that may have instilled a desire to enrich certain technical aspects of the game.

Comment

Working...
      X