No announcement yet.

Could anyone knock out Vitali?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
    ? Vitali was stunned in their final round from a huge uppercut, Lewis had Vitali holding on almost the whole round after that.

I think he did definitely lose quite a bit of punching power, not only was his age a factor but him being out of shape, Lewis was exhausted in there along with Vitali. Idk about you but you've ever been exhausted and tried to throw a punch it won't nearly have as much power as it did when you first started throwing.

Sanders also had Vitali rocked badly, the fight started off competitively and then Sanders tired out badly, mainly because he was already a retired golfer, I think he was around 40 as well. Both prime Sanders and Lewis definitely had the ability to KO Vitali.
    I agree that both Lewis and Sanders did rock Vitali - but still they were not able to knock him down. that uppercut from Lews was indeed huge, and I don't think many fighters (past and present) would have been able to tolerate it like vitali did.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      ? Vitali was stunned in their final round from a huge uppercut, Lewis had Vitali holding on almost the whole round after that.

I think he did definitely lose quite a bit of punching power, not only was his age a factor but him being out of shape, Lewis was exhausted in there along with Vitali. Idk about you but you've ever been exhausted and tried to throw a punch it won't nearly have as much power as it did when you first started throwing.

Sanders also had Vitali rocked badly, the fight started off competitively and then Sanders tired out badly, mainly because he was already a retired golfer, I think he was around 40 as well. Both prime Sanders and Lewis definitely had the ability to KO Vitali.
      Very unlikely.. Sanders landed the most perfect punch he could possibly land and still Vitali was fully recovered in matter of seconds. He ran back and was pretty much in balance. We saw what happened when that punch landed on Wlad. Lennox would be dropped as well - similar what happened when Rahman KOed him. Sanders was a huge puncher and it was in the first round, so it was pretty much with the full power.

In Lennox fight Vitali was clearly tired after 5 rounds as he was the one who pushed the action. Also he struggled to see due to very bad cut. He took the best Lennox's uppercut and he wasn't stunned - if he was Lennox would finished him easily and Lennox never was even close to doing so.

They both were holding in 6th round. No way Lennox could ever KOed Vitali with the single punch - Lennox was a great boxer and a big puncher but to KO Vitali it takes something extraordinary - maybe Foreman or Tyson..

Comment

Originally posted by Dolor View Post
        I agree that both Lewis and Sanders did rock Vitali - but still they were not able to knock him down. that uppercut from Lews was indeed huge, and I don't think many fighters (past and present) would have been able to tolerate it like vitali did.
        I can't think of many boxers with comparable chin - maybe prime Ali..

Comment

possible but unlikely

Comment

Lol some fools here say Tyson would KO Vitali..... are you ****ing kidding me....Tyson looks like a midget standing next to Vitali...if anyone Tyson would get KTFO

Comment

Originally posted by BartBears View Post
              Lol some fools here say Tyson would KO Vitali..... are you ****ing kidding me....Tyson looks like a midget standing next to Vitali...if anyone Tyson would get KTFO

It's only who would have a chance of doing so. It's comparison of punching power versus Vitali's chin.

Of course it is very unlikly that tyson would koed vitali due to massive size difference but the thing is the others wouldn't even have a chance even if they do land clear because they don't have that puching power...

Comment

Originally posted by BartBears View Post

It would be Tyson vs Lou Saverese

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_yj4UWSBbo

Vitali would get KTFO with his guard up

Comment

Working...
                X