Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm going to be honest with you. The only reason I'm voting for Obama is....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Majority of voters are ill-informed about both candidates, and vote with complete ignorance

Some are voting JUST because of party, some just because of race, and some just because of religion, etc.

Most of my friends are doing this. Just last week i asked a girl friend of mine if she saw the Biden-Ryan debate and she said "no, but Ryan is hot for a potential VP" and then continued talking about his shirtless pics online

Comment

Originally posted by Jerub_Baal View Post
      good one trigg, you almost had me there for a second

But in all seriousness, if you don't know much about politics, then you shouldn't vote at all. This is more than just about republicans, democrats, or race - we're talking about the future of the u.s. If one president has shown he's been inept for four years, and a better candidate comes along - do the right thing....

Obama is worse than Bush jr. for crying out loud....
      That last line is ****ing comedy that has literally got to be the biggest pile of **** I've ever read you sir are a dumb****.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigg Happpy! View Post
        No, I feel that my vote will help fight against racism.
        So are you suggesting that a white president would somehow be racially biased?

Considering all presidents with the exception of obama were white; there were a lot of policies that helped african americans (quotas) much more than whites and asians (affirmative action). These policies were made by mainly white people for the minority.

A lot of policies have been put out there for black people yet you still cry racism?

There is a lot more racism directed at asians (jeremy lin) etc yet asians never cry foul about it. Asians are very very strong minded people. China has been the longest continuous civilization at 2000+ years. Asians occasionally have racist remarks directed at them but they shrug it off. It's because a lot of asians don't want handouts/special treatment and are very proud. A lot will try to do their best to go up the social ladder regardless of their financial situation.

Point is. Black people are as capable as any other race at getting a decent job. You just need the right attitude and commitment. If you don't have them then maybe just blame your parents and racism rather than yourself It's sad to see some black people cry racism as the reason for their poverty when it's more likely a family/attitude issue since i see a lot of socially adept black people out there who get into top universities.

Triggerhappy you are talking such nonsense about racism. Sure there is racism in this world but you are being racist and ignorant when you feel a white president is biased. You are promoting racism even if you feel your motives are anti racist.
        Last edited by Xercen; 10-17-2012, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
          That last line is ****ing comedy that has literally got to be the biggest pile of **** I've ever read you sir are a dumb****.
          Yeah! Obama gave us a phone doh!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trigg Happpy! View Post
            Because he is part black. I don't know crap about politics but all I see is these racist videos and pictures about Obama. This election is not about if Obama competent enough to be president. This election is about his ethic background. If race wasn't involved, I wouldn't even vote for anyone because I hate politics. So I'm voting for Obama and I hope he wins.
            Sheeeid that's the same reason why many white folks vote AGAINST him.

Comment

I voted for him last time because it was the cool hipster thing to do, he got elected so it doesn't matter now.

I know nothing of the issues and care nothing about events other than boxing that take place outside a 15 block radius of where I live, so I'm not going to bother vote.

Comment

Working...
              X