Froch's resume - nothing legendary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Froch's resume - nothing legendary

Don't go overboard

Good resume but some of the **** I'm reading here is embarrassing and the people who say it must have only been watching boxing for 3 years.

Lets break it down.

Jean Pascal - Went on to win 175 lbs title (top win), Lost to 46 year old Bernard Hopkins comfortably after Calzaghe beat Hopkins 3 years earlier
    Jermain Taylor - Lost 2/3 fights before Froch including a crushing knock out, ahead on scorecards and stopped late due to his typical stamina problems. KOed badly once again in fight after Froch - Past prime
    Andre Dirrell - Obviously a good fighter but who the hell has he beat? Can someone tell me please? does he have any distinctions? Never a champion or anything - Unproven
    Arthur Abraham - Beat 1 guy at 168 and that was Jermain Taylor who had lost 3/4 fights with 2 by KO, way too small from the weight and really hasn't done anything at 168, no real notable wins at 160 either.
    Glen Johnson - 43 years old... yes I know he beat Roy Jones like 6 years ago but the guy hasn't beat a good fighter in years. Lost 4 of last 6 with only wins being Yusaf Mack and Allan Green - Past prime
    Lucian Bute - Champion in his prime but as many are saying.. untested really, never went in with the best and it showed.

Losses
    Kessler - Close but clear loss (IMO) to a guy who has been fighting injuries for a while now, not in his prime anymore. Calzaghe beat prime undefeated Kessler.
    Ward - Top fighter in the division by a mile, top 10 p4p.. no shame here.

So what we have is a guy who has beat

2 Past prime fighters (Johnson, Taylor)
    2 Unproven (Dirrell... Bute to a degree)
    1 Too small in reality with no real notable wins (Abraham)
    1 Prime top class fighter (Pascal)

The super 6 convinced a lot of people that these guys are Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, Duran etc.. Truth is some of them were untested going into the super 6 and some still don't have any real top class wins to generate the hype they get.

And Joe Calzaghe is a slapper.

Comment

You can pick holes in anyone's resume that's child's play.

Name me a fighter who has gone on such a run of top opponents without tune ups or a sizeable lay-off in between?

Froch deserves all the respect he gets and more, if there was more fighters in this sport with Carl Froch's mentality the glory days would be back.
      Last edited by -Lowkey-; 05-27-2012, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Calzaghe fan?

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
          You can pick holes in anyone's resume that's child's play.

Name me a fighter who has gone on such a run of to opponents without tune ups or a sizeable lay-off in between?

Froch deserves all the respect he gets and more, if there was more fighters in this sport with Carl Froch's mentality the glory days would be back.
          Yes you're right but people are making such a big deal out of it it's becoming ridiculous.

People comparing his resume to greats of the sport, fact is he didn't do **** until he was 32 or so either so he's fresh and able to fight big fight after big fight.

Comment

What a TROLL you are. Froch resume is up there with anyones in boxing. You're obviously a hater.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
              Yes you're right but people are making such a big deal out of it it's becoming ridiculous.

People comparing his resume to greats of the sport, fact is he didn't do **** until he was 32 or so either so he's fresh and able to fight big fight after big fight.
              Like who?

All I've seen is people comparing his resume to guys like Miguel Cotto and Joe Calzaghe.

Hardly greats of the sport.

Comment

Fair play to Froch.

He isn't near the greatest boxer but he has done well.

Losing to Kessler and Ward goes heavily against the idea of Froch's greatness.

Comment

Numpty, yes poor resume, obviously ducked Evans Ashira and Peter Manfredo.

Comment

I bet you would have preferred he dig up the remains of sugar ray robinson and fight them so he can have a legend on his resume, instead of froth having back to back to back fights against the top names and top fighters in his division. He would need Ray robinson, haggler, and may be roy jones, then his resume would have looked great. Right?

Comment

Working...
                    X