Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO Statement on Mayweather Going To Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody have any numbers yet? I bet Showtime emptied the proverbial vault for him. I think they got tired of being such a second fiddle, that they were willing to go above & beyond reason, f**k the risks -- even if it was for a 36 year old.

It doesn't even really matter if Floyd shows his age and starts to look shot, his name alone legitimizes them now. They paid for his name. Anything else is a bonus.

Comment

Showtime guys seem to understand the fight game better than thoseat HBO but the over all quality is fooken boring! At least HBO has lampley having an orgasm whenever a nice punch is landed. I'm not looking forward to this but as a boxing fan of course I'm going to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by x2sasa View Post
        Dont forget ward, and more elite fighters, mayweather is clearly ducking here, what's next mayweather vs paulie? oh, and yes, no wonder he mentioned alexander from SHOWTIME
        Location: baguio city - Makes everything you write meaningless.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
          Al Bernstein is as good as they are in terms of calling a fight.

Plus Jim Gray is light years better than Max Kellerman with the post fight interviews
          ^^ This. Can't believe people are saying Kellerman > Gray & Lampley > Bernstein. These guys, especially max, is completely useless. I've had enough of his shyte, disrespectful, biased lick-a$$ interviews. He's nothing like Merchant.

Comment

IDK, I pretty much tune out the commentary anyway. I'm too focused on what's going on inside the ring. But yeah, Max's pansy ass interviews are lame, I'll concede that.

But HBO's production makes Showtime's look amateur.

Comment

To The Haters Floyd Keep Doing What You're Doing!

Floyd is a genius; he does all his business behind the scene as it should be; he has preserved his body (better than most competitors his age) by not fighting three and four times a year; he is very entertaining; he is a reality show with staying power. While he is a lot of things, Showtime believes in him enough to pay him for what he brings to the game; while haters are busy criticizing him for not being what they want him to be in their eyes! This man is living the dream stop hating and get a life and live your dream. Stop watching the parade if you don't like the show! But we know the truth don't we? Many of you like misery and you hope to see his failure. I got news for you haters this man feeds off your hater attitudes and just gets better and better over time. Keep feeding the hate I'm sure he loves it all the way to the bank!

Comment

Max... Kellermen... always... pauses.... between... each... word.... as.... if.... it's..... some.... great.... profound.... insightful.... observation.... he..... is.... about..... to .....impart ....it's ....annoying .....for ......anyone .....with .....an ....IQ..... over.... 60.

As for Larry M. I can squeeze out shits quicker than he can ask a question.

I'm not saying they completely suck, but HBO needs a big revamp. Let's see some ex fighters asking the questions instead of just providing commentary... and the whole format needs a shake up too. The last few 24/7s with Mayweather have just been very tired and boring. Why not spend some of that mega bucks on promoting lots of up coming stars, instead of all the eggs in one basket (like Floyd).

The events need competitive cards from top to bottom with real 50/50 fights throughout, and the venues need to be much more exciting. Atlantic City for Broner had no atmosphere at all and only a couple of thousand fans - and this for the next superstar of boxing??? The Klitschkos can get 10x that amount of fans to attend a fight (in Germany!!?) against any tomato can.

Comment

Floyd=Money...period! He don't care about anything else.

Comment

No 24/7 then

Comment

Working...
                    X