No announcement yet.

Who is Carl Froch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
    He was knocked down by a shot Jermain and was 10-20 seconds away from losing a clear decision.
    They were going to pretend it was a clear decision but look at the press row scores after 9 rounds:

Niall Hickman (UK) - 86-85
    Jack Obermayer (US) - 86-84
    Chris Givens (Arkansas) - 87-83

Froch won the next 3 rounds with a knockdown. It was never going to be a clear decision win for Taylor anywhere but on two blind home judges scorecards, especially considering Froch was the champion.

Imagine what a prime Taylor would have done to him...
    He would have to have fought a prime Froch. Froch was 32 in '09 coming off a war with Pascal.
    Last edited by Weebler I; 08-20-2013, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      He would have to have fought a prime Froch. Froch was 32 in '09 coming off a war with Pascal.
      That Froch wasn't prime and neither was Pascal, who isn't very good anyway. The Froch who fought Pascal was still fighting at the domestic level. The Pascal fight was probably his first baptism of fire.

Comment

Dirrell put on a clinic and was robbed in Carl's hometown.
        One of the funniest comments I've ever read on this site.

Froch moved forward ineffectively while Dirrell ran around pulling faces. Dirrell did realise he could actually win around the 11th & started to get moving but too little too late.

Neither fighter deserved to win.

But if you watched the fight on Showtime & are of limited intelligence I can see why you thought he 'put on a clinic' The commentary that night was Jim ?What? bad.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
          One of the funniest comments I've ever read on this site.

Froch moved forward ineffectively while Dirrell ran around pulling faces. Dirrell did realise he could actually win around the 11th & started to get moving but too little too late.

Neither fighter deserved to win.

But if you watched the fight on Showtime & are of limited intelligence I can see why you thought he 'put on a clinic' The commentary that night was Jim ?What? bad.

I scored the fight 115-112 for Dirrell

RD1: 10-9 Dirrell
          RD2: 10-9 Dirrell
          RD3: 10-9 Dirrell
          RD4: 9-10 Froch
          RD5: 10-9 Dirrell
          RD6: 10-9 Dirrell
          RD7: 9-10 Froch
          RD8: 9-10 Dirrell
          RD9: 10-9 Dirrell
          RD10: 9-9 (Dirrell w/o point deduction)
          RD11: 10-9 Dirrell
          RD12: 9-10 Froch

I thought Dirrell was putting on a clinic in the first 6 rounds landing counters effectively with both hands and landing multiple hard left hooks on Froch, who looked very meek and had trouble cutting off the ring. Towards the second half he began to tire and started holding more. From rounds 8-11 Dirrell landed some heavy hands on Froch, stunning him in rounds 10 and 11. Froch picked up the intensity a bit and won the last round.

I thought there might have been a couple rounds that could have gone either way (RD4 and RD9), but it would be ludicrous for anyone to think Dirrell didn't at the very least win 7 rounds.

Froch also committed every infraction in the book (hitting on the break, blatantly, hitting behind the head, tossing his opponent down, punches, etc.). It's shocking that he didn't get DQ'd let alone deducted at least point. As far as the judges, I'm shocked that two of them somehow saw Froch winning 7 rounds and even the 114-113 score for Dirrell seemed a little narrow. The fight took place in Nottingham so what else could be expect from the officials... I would say it was a pretty blatant robbery and had the fight taken place anywhere other than Froch's hometown, Dirrell would have walked out with a clear decision or a DQ win.

Last edited by BafanaBafana; 08-21-2013, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
            Froch ain't all that...Jermain was already done.
            You've got to be joking.

Comment

Froch is one of my favorites. Ward will always be his Daddy, but Carl is pretty cool. He was the most entertaining guy on the Super Six FC360 series.

Comment

I scored the fight 115-112 for Dirrell

RD1: 10-9 Dirrell
                RD2: 10-9 Dirrell
                RD3: 10-9 Dirrell
                RD4: 9-10 Froch
                RD5: 10-9 Dirrell
                RD6: 10-9 Dirrell
                RD7: 9-10 Froch
                RD8: 9-10 Dirrell
                RD9: 10-9 Dirrell
                RD10: 9-9 (Dirrell w/o point deduction)
                RD11: 10-9 Dirrell
                RD12: 9-10 Froch

I thought Dirrell was putting on a clinic in the first 6 rounds landing counters effectively with both hands and landing multiple hard left hooks on Froch, who looked very meek and had trouble cutting off the ring. Towards the second half he began to tire and started holding more. From rounds 8-11 Dirrell landed some heavy hands on Froch, stunning him in rounds 10 and 11. Froch picked up the intensity a bit and won the last round.

I thought there might have been a couple rounds that could have gone either way (RD4 and RD9), but it would be ludicrous for anyone to think Dirrell didn't at the very least win 7 rounds.

Froch also committed every infraction in the book (hitting on the break, blatantly, hitting behind the head, tossing his opponent down, punches, etc.). It's shocking that he didn't get DQ'd let alone deducted at least point. As far as the judges, I'm shocked that two of them somehow saw Froch winning 7 rounds and even the 114-113 score for Dirrell seemed a little narrow. The fight took place in Nottingham so what else could be expect from the officials... I would say it was a pretty blatant robbery and had the fight taken place anywhere other than Froch's hometown, Dirrell would have walked out with a clear decision or a DQ win.

This fight is the definition of a hometown decision. Dirrell outfoxed Froch, and hurt him.

Comment

Working...
                X