No announcement yet.

the myth mexicans...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

As big as Floyd is, the numbers he would have done vs Pac if that fight ever happened, would have been historic and you can't attribute that to just one fighter.

My point is that when fans talk nonsense about who sold more and so on, they are just talking nonsense because at the end of the day, you need two popular fighters to make a big time PPV. Floyd is not going to do huge numbers fighting Guerrero. He will do good numbers but not Oscar or Pac numbers and where he is in boxing, that's all he wants to do.
    yea I def agree with you there I've been saying that Guerrero isn't a very good choice for Floyd as far as numbers because he's not really a big name to the general public I think maybe Bradley would be better since he did face Pacquiao a lot of people are more familiar with him outside of boxing from just that even though I dont personally like Bradley could be an interesting fight though if that was to happen

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
      Lol huge PPV star Floyd in the last 4 years has fought Cotto on Cinco de Mayo (w Canelo on the undercard), Mexican-American Ortiz on Mexican Independence Day, Mosley on Cinco de Mayo (w Canelo on the undercard), JMM on Mexican Independence Day, *2008 retirement*, DLH on Cinco de Mayo, and Hatton (a HUGE draw).

Accept it, carnalitos. Lil' Floyd is not the big PPV star you think he is. He needs assistance every single time he fights. Of course, he'll take full credit for all the buys, tho.
      My point isn't floyd is a big ppv star. My point is mexicans are not a big factor in ppv buys. Name one mexican star who sells ppv (oscar who is americans golden boy who one a gold medal for usa)

Comment

Originally posted by Jordank View Post
        My point isn't floyd is a big ppv star. My point is mexicans are not a big factor in ppv buys. Name one mexican star who sells ppv (oscar who is americans golden boy who one a gold medal for usa)
        The two biggest sellers are Pacquiao and Mayweather I'm not sure who you might put under that

Comment

Yea, Mexicans are not a big factor. Did you even read my post? "PPV star" Floyd carefully plans his fights around Mexican holidays, with popular Mexican fighters in the undercard so he can sell PPVs.

Comment

Yea, Mexicans are not a big factor. Did you even read my post? "PPV star" Floyd carefully plans his fights around Mexican holidays, with popular Mexican fighters in the undercard so he can sell PPVs.

Floyd v Guerrero will do 1 million with or without Canelo on the card.

Comment

I was actually surprised at how many people in my life who never watch boxing order Mayweather vs Ortiz for Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
                Floyd v Guerrero will do 1 million with or without Canelo on the card.
                Yup. GBP will make sure to promote Guerrero as a Mexican warrior (Guerrero means Warrior in Spanish btw). Oh and the fight will be on Cinco de Mayo weekend.

But TS thinks Mexicans are not a big factor.

Comment

Solid point, most people buy ppv fights mainly for the under card. I doubt Floyd could even sell without mexicans on the undercard. Floyd should try to get Margarito on his next undercard, dude is a beast.

Comment

You lost all credibility right there...hahaha

Is that why boxing cards are on May 5th and mid September?

Man......

If it wasn't for Mexicans, boxing would be HALF as popular as it is. Mexicans carry the sport, because they have great fighters, great fans and are the largest Hispanic contingent in the U.S.

Not to mention the fact that there are tons of Mexican/Americans who do the same. To sit there and call Oscar "American" is being dishonest, yes he's American by nationality but do you think that millions of Mexicans didn't support him? hahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                      You lost all credibility right there...hahaha

Is that why boxing cards are on May 5th and mid September?

Man......

If it wasn't for Mexicans, boxing would be HALF as popular as it is. Mexicans carry the sport, because they have great fighters, great fans and are the largest Hispanic contingent in the U.S.

Not to mention the fact that there are tons of Mexican/Americans who do the same. To sit there and call Oscar "American" is being dishonest, yes he's American by nationality but do you think that millions of Mexicans didn't support him? hahahahah
                      Listen PR fights are on ppv all the time. The english put ppv fights on all the time. Americans put ppvs on. They all sell. Name me one mexican. Headlined fight that sold ppvs. The most highly anticipated MW fight Martinez v Chavez only solf 450k ppvs ON mexican independence day. NUMBERS DONT LIE

Comment

Working...
                      X