No announcement yet.

Winky dominating Trinidad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winky dominating Trinidad

I was thinking about Winky vs Trinidad. If I remember correctly it took place at 160 and Winky completely outclassed Tito and made him look foolish. Was Tito already shot? Was 160 to big a class for him even though Winky spent most his career at 154? What is your opinion?

B-Hop took something out of him mentally, that was the end of his prime imho. Trinidad just didn't accomplish anything at MW and Wright had that very frustrating style. It's more what Wright did than what Tito didn't do. Winky was simply a better MW.

Comment

Of course B-Hop ended the whole Tito is the Middleweight heir apparent hype, but the Winky fight makes me think that hype was never deserved. Heck isn't Trinidad the last KO BHop scored?

Comment

Just looked it up, I forgot the fake KO of ODH. That was tecnically his last KO.

Comment

The Bhop fight took a lot out of Tito but Winky would have beaten a prime Tito at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            The Bhop fight took a lot out of Tito but Winky would have beaten a prime Tito at 154.
            Maybe your right. Could just be a style matchup thing. Very interesting matchup at 154 if it took place before the Bhop 160 fight. He did make Mosley look foolish also.

Comment

Winky's style would had beaten Tito at any weight

Comment

winky is a better fighter than tito. 154, 160, whatever. winky is just better. not to mention after bhop, tito was not quite the same...

Comment

as far as I am concerned, it is common knowledge that Tito was shot AND way out of his natural weight class. Same with his fight against Roy Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
                    as far as I am concerned, it is common knowledge that Tito was shot AND way out of his natural weight class. Same with his fight against Roy Jones.
                    They were both shot, at that point. I still watched it though;-)

Comment

Working...
                    X