No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi Prepares For Haymon... Oh, And Broner, Too

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Malignaggi Prepares For Haymon... Oh, And Broner, Too

By Jake Donovan - Adrien Broner is a 23-year old unbeaten fighter on the rise. The current lightweight titlist is leapfrogging two divisions for his next fight, and also jumping networks as evidenced by Showtime rolling out the red carpet ahead of this weekend’s main event.

Everything about the show sells Broner as the star. There’s just one issue – the “what’s his name” entry on the other side of the equation is the fighter whose belt is at stake.

The bout also takes place in his home borough of Brooklyn, and on a network for which he regularly serves as a color commentator.

Paul Malignaggi has been in this situation before. However, this is the first time where he brings this much to the table yet is still regarded as an afterthought. [Click Here To Read More]

Paulie is gonna get battered annnndddd bruised....

Comment

PM sounds very fired up, I hope he doesn't go the macho route and get clocked.

Comment

Ah yes was a matter of time before Paulie stopped talking trash and started making excuses for why he's going to lose. He knows he's going to lose, and he is, then he can say "look I told you what was gonna happen this wk"....typical.

Comment

They've actually done a great job of selling this mismatch, people are truly convinced Paulie can win

Comment

I've said it and got whined at by the fanboys...so i'll say it again. Broner bypassed 9 fighter..count it 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 other boxers more worthy of this shot. Guys who put in work at 140 and 147. Both Mathyse and Garcia will be moving to 147 after their clash later this year...so they'll send Broner back at 140 and also find a way of justifying the bullshh too. He'll stay at 140 for a year or two let Garcia and Mathyse get into some war beyond the war they'll put up against each other and then fight who they can sell the best. All the while they will fill their mouths saying this kind did something phenomenal. For ****sake GBP tried to feed Malignaggi to Shane Mosley but weren't allowed...what more do people need to know about this entire situation? I mean even a blind mofo can see what's going on here. Let me guess Broners next opponent will be someone ranked at #5 - #9 at 140 and then give him yet another title shot...Al Haymon honest to god has boxing by the balls. Folks sit up here bashing the heck out of Arum when GBP and Haymon have put together more shady shhh in 4 years than Arum has in his multiple decade career. Khan at #2...at #2 after two complete and utter ass whoppings..and still leave him at #2 after he gets wobbled by his tune up opponent...GBP..

Comment

Wont last past the 8th rd.
              Broner by k.o!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                They've actually done a great job of selling this mismatch, people are truly convinced Paulie can win
                Mostly those who believe Broner is not that good and that the weight will have some impact. Personally I'm not sure either way. I think we'll learn something new about Brone-dawg this weekend.

Comment

Paulie has been really vocal about Haymon's influence in the sport throughout this whole build-up. You have to respect him for that, most in people in boxing are afraid to even mention his name.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                    Paulie has been really vocal about Haymon's influence in the sport throughout this whole build-up. You have to respect him for that, most in people in boxing are afraid to even mention his name.
                    Haymon probably wants to kill Paulie at this point, the guy doesn't even like his photo taken. If Paulie loses expect him to be black-balled from the sport

Comment

Working...
                    X