Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd hadn't ducked Paul Williams, what would have been the result?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
    Go watch P-Will vs. Martinez 1. There's your answer.
    Martinez wanted to fight like he always does I'll give him that, but look what happened with a few slight modifications in the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
      Martinez wanted to fight like he always does I'll give him that, but look what happened with a few slight modifications in the rematch.
      Again. Since when was Floyd an iron chinned southpaw with crazy pop, and not scared at all to get hit???

Comment

There was a reason Floyd nor Pacman acted like they knew who he was.

The Punisher makes Floyd quit on his stool.

Comment

5'7" low workrate shoulder rolling Floyd vs 6'2" 100 punchers per round iron chin Paul Williams....

Counter right hand no good for Floyd - Paul's too tall.

Jab to the body - Floyd's not getting out fast enough to not get two pieced.

Right hand to the body - left hook by Paul

So unless you are giving Floyd points for blocking 75% of Paul's punches and landing 10% of his own (non of which have the power to drop him)....

I would say Paul by UD or late stoppage.

Comment

A whole lot of lead right hands from Floyd. PWill leads with his chin. He made the same mistakes last year that he did back in 05, 06. He didnt develope at all in his carreer under his father. Hes a tall fighter that fought small. He was dominated by an overrated Lara that ran from Vanes for 10 rounds. Is the entire world on meth or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
              5'7" low workrate shoulder rolling Floyd vs 6'2" 100 punchers per round iron chin Paul Williams....

So unless you are giving Floyd points for blocking 75% of Paul's punches and landing 10% of his own (non of which have the power to drop him)....

That's EXACTLY how I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                A whole lot of lead right hands from Floyd. PWill leads with his chin. He made the same mistakes last year that he did back in 05, 06. He didnt develope at all in his carreer under his father. Hes a tall fighter that fought small. He was dominated by an overrated Lara that ran from Vanes for 10 rounds. Is the entire world on meth or what?
                You mean the fight right after he got brutally KO'd by Sergio? You mean the same style that's caused him problems his whole career?

No. He's a tall fighter that pressured you with his length. You guys got him and Corralles confused.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                  Again. Since when was Floyd an iron chinned southpaw with crazy pop, and not scared at all to get hit???
                  That's one of his problems he got hit with anything and everything that came back at him.

Prime Paul Williams is a great fantasy fighter because of his height, reach and workrate. But he wasn't invincible even at 147. He got outboxed by Carlos Quintana.

Comment

Very good post, I agree.

Comment

That's EXACTLY how I see it.

Comment

Working...
                      X