No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin, Proksa: Both Boxers Expecting a Tough Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin, Proksa: Both Boxers Expecting a Tough Fight

When asked to describe Grzegorz Proksa, the first name Gennady Golovkin mentioned was Sergio Martinez.

The undefeated middleweight title-holder from Kazakhstan didn’t go nearly as far as to say Proksa is as good as Martinez, but he reiterated several times after a media gathering Wednesday morning at Madison Square Garden that he expects a difficult fight Saturday night in Verona, N.Y. (HBO; 9:45 p.m. EDT). Proksa’s lone loss came by majority decision against light-punching Englishman Kerry Hope (17-4, 1 KO) on March 17 in Sheffield, but Poland’s Proksa stopped Hope in the eighth round of their immediate rematch for the European Boxing Union middleweight championship July 7 in Sheffield. [Click Here To Read More]

I'm excited for this fight. I think Golovkin will take this one. Also expect Dziunziruk to stop or win a decision over Jonathan Gonzalez. I want to like Gonzalez cause he's a fellow countryman but his technique is so sloppy. He's lazy with his punches and gets hit too much. Someone with decent boxing skills should be able to outbox him. Maybe I'm wrong but we'll find out on Saturday. Should be an entertaining night of boxing, none the less.

Comment

Can't wait for this weekend. Finally, some boxing to look forward to after the drought in August.

Comment

Te Middleweight division is so stocked right now it's crazy. You have a real champ in Martinez and a bunch of legit challengers like chavez,sterm,geale,golovkin,pirog,quillen,mundane, and Murry. The best part is there all fighting each other.

Comment

Working...
        X