Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When the Referee says "TEN" the fight is OVER!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was a bull**** call by the ref, letting the fight go on I mean. What does he mean he didn't hear the bell? You cannot be saved by the bell in any round, Cintron didn't get up by the count of 10 so the fight should have effectively been over, if a fight is allowed to continue because of a fighter's temper tantrum, we'd have very little stoppages in this sport. First time I've seen a fighter get robbed twice in one fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
      That was a bull**** call by the ref, letting the fight go on I mean. What does he mean he didn't hear the bell? You cannot be saved by the bell in any round, Cintron didn't get up by the count of 10 so the fight should have effectively been over, if a fight is allowed to continue because of a fighter's temper tantrum, we'd have very little stoppages in this sport. First time I've seen a fighter get robbed twice in one fight.
      The term "You have to knock him out to get a draw" really does apply here.

Comment

Its very simple.the result should be changed to KO7.but it wont be,in these circumstances the powers that be have ample opportunity to do the right thing after the event,but never do.From a fans perspective that sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by MadTV4U View Post
          The term "You have to knock him out to get a draw" really does apply here.
          Yeah, it does.

Originally posted by mr.crust View Post
          Its very simple.the result should be changed to KO7.but it wont be,in these circumstances the powers that be have ample opportunity to do the right thing after the event,but never do.From a fans perspective that sucks.
          Yeah, it's bad. If I were Martinez' manager or promoter, I'd file an official protest over both the 7th round fiasco and the judges' scorecards.
          Last edited by Silencers; 02-15-2009, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Yeah, it does.

Yeah, it's bad. If I were Martinez' manager or promoter, I'd file an official protest over both the 7th round fiasco and the judges' scorecards.
            Thats just it though,there is no way these things get turned over.they would have more luck pissing into the wind and trying to stay dry.things like this damage boxing,yet time and time again these idiots dont seem to learn that very obvious lesson

Comment

Originally posted by mr.crust View Post
              Thats just it though,there is no way these things get turned over.they would have more luck pissing into the wind and trying to stay dry.things like this damage boxing,yet time and time again these idiots dont seem to learn that very obvious lesson
              True, the decision probably won't change if they do actually file an official protest, it's horrible for the sport.

Comment

I think Kermit is a crappy boxer. I don't even know what all the hype was about before he fought Tony. Max said once that he had George Foreman's power at WW, but Max is welterweight idiot anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                  I think Kermit is a crappy boxer. I don't even know what all the hype was about before he fought Tony. Max said once that he had George Foreman's power at WW, but Max is welterweight idiot anyway.
                  Damn! That avatar is one of the most distractive yet...what was this thread about again?

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
                    Martinez got SCREWED tonight. It doesn't matter if he was up by a fraction of a second before the ref said ten. When the referee counts ten, the fight is over. Crybaby Cintron got checked and counted out
                    in the 7th. The fight should have been over. Then Martinez got a bull**** point deduction because of Cintron's ducking. The scoring of the fight sucked! This decision was a FUCKIN' atrocity!
                    Don't get me wrong I truly dislike Cintron, but I did see him get up before the ref was finished saying TEN. Boxing definitly needs instant replays.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Omonist View Post
                      Don't get me wrong I truly dislike Cintron, but I did see him get up before the ref was finished saying TEN. Boxing definitly needs instant replays.
                      Definition of head bunt-hard punch to the head

Comment

Working...
                      X