Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

punching the target is main!! criteria, it takes president over everything.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• punching the target is main!! criteria, it takes president over everything.

I dont how people can favour coming foward & looking menacing like you want a fight, over punches landed, even if it is apparently achieved by running. There is only one man getting hit in the face right there, if the rules dictate that you must win by hitting the opponent or rendering him unable to continue, then what does forcing a fight have to do with anything?

punching the target is main!! criteria, it takes precedent over everything.

I just owned myself with the thread title lol
    Last edited by Dynamite Kid; 11-08-2009, 10:11 AM.

Precedent.

But yes, I agree. If one guy comes forward the whole round throwing punches and missing while the other guy moving and throwing less but landing, the other guy wins the round.

It's who lands punches. It's amazing how many people give guys rounds just for being the aggressor.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
      I dont how people can favour coming foward & looking menacing like you want a fight, over punches landed, even if it is apparently achieved by running. There is only one man getting hit in the face right there, if the rules dictate that you must win by hitting the opponent or rendering him unable to continue, then what does forcing a fight have to do with anything?

punching the target is main!! criteria, it takes president over everything.
      Yes but Valuev made him run away so therefore he should have won. Haye is a chicken ****, hit 3 times a round and run.

Valuev made him run so he won

Comment

It's actually: "takes precedence over everything.

But, yeah it's true you can only score when you hit a target.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
          Precedent.

But yes, I agree. If one guy comes forward the whole round throwing punches and missing while the other guy moving and throwing less but landing, the other guy wins the round.

It's who lands punches. It's amazing how many people give guys rounds just for being the aggressor.

Exactly, since when has missing and coming foward been a scoring criteria because the other guys is landing but apparently running whilst doing it.

Its pure stupidity to score rounds like that.

Comment

Pretty sure it is takes presidential

Comment

I favour the cleaner puncher over the aggressor too, but some rounds were hard to give to Haye because although he landed clean, he landed very little in some rounds. Valuev also blocked some punches aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
                Yes but Valuev made him run away so therefore he should have won. Haye is a chicken ****, hit 3 times a round and run.

Valuev made him run so he won

You dont think its by design when a counter puncher tries to make the slower fighter come foward and take the chances to give him the opportunity's to counter?

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                  You dont think its by design when a counter puncher tries to make the slower fighter come foward and take the chances to give him the opportunity's to counter?

I'm just playing. I don't mind aggression and would have scored the rounds for Valuev if he actually hit haye's head the same amount but he simply did not.

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
                    I'm just playing. I don't mind aggression and would have scored the rounds for Valuev if he actually hit haye's head the same amount but he simply did not.
                    soz man.

TBH i have not even seen the fight yet, its not so much that i was dedicating this thread to the Haye vs Valuev fight, its just after reading the responses i keep hearing people trot out the same **** that i was hearing after the Dirrell fight, that fight clearly should of gone to Dirrell and it just infuriates me that there are people out there dumb enough to score rounds for a guy based on ineffective aggression because he is coming foward.

Comment

Working...
                    X