Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan, Lopez Falls Through on Weight: Maidana Steps In?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Khan, Lopez Falls Through on Weight: Maidana Steps In?

BoxingScene.com has been advised that a potential fight between Amir Khan (27-3, 19KOs) and Josesito Lopez (30-5, 18KOs) is a "no-go" due to weight. Khan has a set date on Showtime for April 20th. He would like to stage that match in the UK, where he has not fought since April 2011.

Lopez, who last fought at junior middleweight for his match with Saul Alvarez last September, was open to the idea of meeting Khan at a catch-weight of 145 - and Khan was looking for something much closer to the junior welterweight limit of 140.
    [Click Here To Read More]

wow I like this match-up!
    Khan vs Soto @ 140
    Lopez vs Maidana @ 147
    BRING IT ON!

Comment

i have about as much a chance as fighting khan as maidana

Comment

Good match up. I like Lopez in this fight, the guy won me over with his fights against Ortreez & Canelo, game as fcuk and brings the heat. Time to take Maidana into the kitchen, turn up the heat and fry his ass

Comment

Humberto Soto would be a good fight for Khan.

Comment

I thought Lopez was a 140 fighter who only moved up to 147 and 154 for Ortiz and Canelo respectively.

Comment

Khan just ducking everybody again he just wants feather fisted bums fight Lopez khan aren't you suppose to move up to welter

Comment

Lopez vs Maidana?! I like the sound of that, could be an all action competitive fight from start to finish.. Whoever has the bigger heart wins.
                As for Khan vs Soto, why not... I perfer Khan to fight Prescott to get redemption but that will never happen.
                Soto could shake Khans chin but he could only win this fight by knockout. Otherwise Khan wins this by one-sided decision.

Comment

Maybe his camp feels 147 is a better weight based off his Ortiz win. I'm a little surprised he isn't returning to 140, which is a much hotter division than welterweight.

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  I thought Lopez was a 140 fighter who only moved up to 147 and 154 for Ortiz and Canelo respectively.

Comment

Either go to welterwight or don't.

Comment

Working...
                    X