Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who did andre ward beat to deserve the n 9 spot in the ring's p4p?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paypayvay View Post
    so why is he ranked that high ? why is everyone acting like ward has the best resume at 168 ?
    He's ranked that high because he's American. His Kessler win was a hometown head-butting, he did not beat him fairly.

Originally posted by Cus D'Amato View Post
    If Froch beat Kessler he'd have that spot on the list, BUT he did'nt! Now run along!!
    If Froch was American he'd be a superstar - fact. He has a better resume than Ward and has repeatedly fought away from home. Ward wouldn't beat Kessler in Denmark because he wouldn't be allowed to headbutt without being penalised, and he would never have the guts to fight him there anyway.

I think Ward is a top fighter, but let's be real.
    Last edited by Weebler I; 07-11-2011, 08:44 PM.

Comment

He beat Kessler, and dominated him... He also dominated Abraham (after 4 rounds)... Green obviously insn't in his league, and thus was dominated as he should be. Becuz was a tough fighter, that gave him a tough fight but was not suppoe to win, and didn't.

Maybe instead of mentioning Bute, as if he deserved that spot instead, u should bring up more names that deserve the spot becuz there may be some good arguments u can make. But BUTE???? Noooo

Comment

Originally posted by paypayvay View Post
        he took the title from kessler , who got his ass spanked by calzaghe in 2007 . don't get me wrong , it was a solid win but nothing too " flashy flash "

title defences :allan green , a guy who never won a title . on top of that he lost to Edison Miranda in 2007 , and was KTFO'd by grandpa glenn johnson after that

saiko bika : lost to bute in 2007 , and to freaking mendy ( DQ ) before fighting ward

artur abraham : exposed against direll , and outclassed against froch . the guy is just too small , and not good at all

to summarize everything = after beating kessler , ward faced a bute leftover ( bika ) , allan green and a guy who was 1-2 in his last three fights ( abraham )

so why is he ranked that high ? why is everyone acting like ward has the best resume at 168 ?
        American and black. Pretty simple. Now they are going to come with the reply of Pac and others but to me Ward hasn't done much compared to the other guys on there.

Comment

Originally posted by the weebler ii View Post
          he's ranked that high because he's american. His kessler win was a hometown head-butting, he did not beat him fairly.

if froch was american he'd be a superstar - fact. He has a better resume than ward and has repeatedly fought away from home. ward wouldn't beat kessler in denmark because he wouldn't be allowed to headbutt without being penalised, and he would never have the guts to fight him there anyway.

i think ward is a top fighter, but let's be real.
          qft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I've never been real impressed with him. He gets the job done, but he is lacking. I think Bute would knock him out.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              He's ranked that high because he's American. His Kessler win was a hometown head-butting, he did not beat him fairly.

If Froch was American he'd be a superstar - fact. He has a better resume than Ward and has repeatedly fought away from home. Ward wouldn't beat Kessler in Denmark because he wouldn't be allowed to headbutt without being penalised, and he would never have the guts to fight him there anyway.

Good post. I think people want Ward to be great, being a gold medalist and American. He has managed to skate by so far, but like you said his best win is marred by his tactics(some choose to ignore the constant headbutts and holding). He is a good fighter no doubt, but overrated.

Comment

I guess AA, Kessler, Bika got him there. He is good but I think some people rate him a little high based on his wins.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSlickster View Post
                  He should've lost twice. The first loss should've been against Dirrell. Hug or not, Froch got outboxed. Most writers and experts feel Froch lost that fight.
                  That was nowhere close to a robbery don't make it sound like one...It was a close fight that could have been score either way,and imo was scored the right way..Dirrell did not come to fight therefore did not deserve to win..

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post

yeah it was all headbutts that defeated Kessler....Absolutely! NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!

They can fight in Kessler's Mother Living Room and the Results would be the SAME! Ward hand speed was giving Kessler MAJOR PROBLEMS!

Comment

Working...
                    X