Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Larry Merchant Ends His HBO Run This Saturday Night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny how the people that call him biased can't even mention what or who he was biased for. These kids keep drinking the kool aid. Are yall still bitter with what Floyd did? Cause Floyd already apologized to Merchant for acting the way he did after the Ortiz fight.

You wanna hear a true biased nutcase? Listen to HBOs commentary in the Guerrero-Berto fight. Roy Jones was the worst.

Merchant is an ATG, always called it like it is.
    Last edited by thuggery; 12-14-2012, 05:46 AM.

Comment

• I will not miss him. I've made it clear several times why. That said, he truly loves the sport and although I had issues with him it doesn't take away his years of work on HBO. I'm looking forward to watching fights without hearing him.

Comment

• lol @ some of the *****s hating.

Larry Merchant is well liked my many generation of boxing fans, he has been commentating since 1977.

I imagine the amount of haters he gets on here is micoscopical to the amount of likes he gets. I liked his no nonsense approach towards matters. If he saw a good fight, he'd say that.

Comment

• in my opinion larry merchant, steward & foreman were the best ever! i like lampley but by him being the HBO host he has more of an obligation to be a little bias towards the house fighter.

Comment

• Larry

Merchant has quit before, he'll be back

Comment

• Originally posted by joe strong View Post
              in my opinion larry merchant, steward & foreman were the best ever! i like lampley but by him being the HBO host he has more of an obligation to be a little bias towards the house fighter.
              Foreman was a DLH fanboy and showed his favortism towards boxers in fights way too often. He was funny, but I don't miss him. Or Lennox Lewis. Lampley and Roy have always been my favorite but Jim has turned into an idiot as of late so Roy and Max are the 2 that I prefer. But Lampley is a must in Big fights though.
              Last edited by Thickback; 12-14-2012, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                Funny how the people that call him biased can't even mention what or who he was biased for. These kids keep drinking the kool aid. Are yall still bitter with what Floyd did? Cause Floyd already apologized to Merchant for acting the way he did after the Ortiz fight.

You wanna hear a true biased nutcase? Listen to HBOs commentary in the Guerrero-Berto fight. Roy Jones was the worst.

Merchant is an ATG, always called it like it is.
                That was a business move by Floyd. Throughout Floyd's career, Merchant has been a complete jerk to him with his questions. Larry was the same way with Bernard Hopkins. If his favorite boxer lost, his questions for the winner were just plain stupid. Other than that, he is definitely an ATG and left a hell of a mark on the sport. Not many will come any where near his accomplishments. Farewell and good riddens at the same time.

Comment

• Good having him around for the most part, but he is taking so long to get his thoughts out, and he come out with some outrageous things. "DLH is a Aston Martin, and PBF is a Porsche, and they are about to collide!" -Merchant

Comment

Working...
                  X