No announcement yet.

Freestanding bags

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freestanding bags

I cant get a hanging bag, but a freestanding one is perfectly ok. Can anybody here talk me out of it??? Are they bad or are they just as effective as hanging bags. Thanks.

You can get a hanging bag if you buy the stand. Forget the freestanding bag.

Comment

if ur strong enough ull knock ur freestanding bag over on every punch besides a jab haha

Comment

i hear that they are good for begginers

Comment

Freesatanding bags are good for children because they are not strong enough to knock em down and you can adjust the height as they grow. Hanging bags are good for adults because they can take your power and the swinging helps you develope good movement by simulating an opponent coming at you. If your concerned about where to hang it, Title and Ringside have bag stands and they also have bag mounts for your wooden or concrete wall.

Comment

Ya know I had never been a fan of the free standing heavybag. However, the other night I was at the gym alone with room to work on the floor. I started up on one of the free standing bags just out of boredom and actually got a good work on it. With the base filled with water it does not tip over, but rather moves around the floor with the shot. I found it actually a good way to learn to walk somebody down while digging shots. With the bag and mount moving when you throw you have to step forward to keep in range with it. I guess you just have to be creative with it, the same as a regualr hanging heavybag. It has some potential.

Rockin'

Comment

get a BOB, theyre stable and they mimic the shape of a body so its not as comfortable to punch, but neither is your opponent

Comment

The bob is not as good as the bag in my opinion. You cant work around the bob, you have to stand in front of it to hit it properly. With the bag you can work around the bag continually, digging hooks and so forth.

Rockin'

Comment

the BOB is great for practicing combinations though

Comment

hmmm...freestanding bag it is. I'm only 145 but i dont wanna have to be picking my bag up off the ground after every Suzy Q

Comment

Working...
                    X