Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Peterson Cleared, Drug Tests Negative Following Holt Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Peterson Cleared, Drug Tests Negative Following Holt Win

By Jake Donovan - Further details are being released in the ongoing drug testing saga surrounding Lamont Peterson’s 8th round knockout win over Kendall Holt last month in Washington D.C. This time around, it’s good news for the previously accused party.

Several sources have confirmed that Peterson tested negative for any banned substances following his February 22 performance, marking his first fight in 14 months. The news means he now gets to return to the ring on May 18 as planned for his titanic showdown with fellow beltholder Lucas Matthysse.

“I can confirm that one fighter provided an atypical test result as it pertains to the Peterson-Holt post fight drug test following their championship fight,” Andre Johnson, Peterson’s press agent, stated Thursday afternoon to Boxingscene.com. “Both camps have the chain of command and test results. Both test results are identified with each fighter’s names attached.

“Lamont’s test results were all negative across the board.”

The news was confirmed in passing by representatives from the IBF, who declined to offer further details until it was prepared to release an official statement.

Previous reports indicated that test samples from “a male boxer” provided “atypical findings” of a banned substance, which turned out to be hCG, a fertility drug that also produces testosterone but in more popular form is used as a weight-loss supplement. [Click Here To Read More]

Great news. Pete had me worried for a hot minute though.

Comment

I smell corruption, even if it is not there I still think he juiced.

Comment

Thank you very much.

Holt admitted that he struggled to make the weight for this fight, last 6 or 7 pounds.

Put the peices together.

Comment

I dont believe it.

Look at that fucking face, it a face of a born cheater!

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
            I smell corruption, even if it is not there I still think he juiced.
            You think so? Im not buying this for a second. I smell bull**** myself.

Comment

Tony Montana... Nice pay off DC commission, am glad Team Lucas M were able to get this fight away from DC.. just can't wait for this juicer to be KO to oblivion.

Comment

Welp..... That's that

Comment

2 back to back payoff by GBP!

Comment

The DC Commission are truly garbage and so is Peterson. Someone like Guerrero is caught up out there in NY on some bull**** but a scumbag like PEDerson runs free.

I think I need a break from these boards today. -_-

Matthysse needs to demand VADA testing and hope the NJ Commission isn't another pile of crap.

Comment

Working...
                    X