Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Price vs. Audley Harrison: Frank Maloney is Interested

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Price vs. Audley Harrison: Frank Maloney is Interested

2000 Olympic gold medal winner Audley Harrison (28-5, 21KOs) is pressing the British Board of Control to make him the mandatory challenger to the domestic belt currently held by the young up and comer David Price (13-0, 11KOs), who won the bronze medal at the 2008 Olympic games. For the first time since November 2010, Audley entered the ring on Saturday night in Essex and stopped Ali Adams in four rounds.

[Click Here To Read More]

Price need not bother with Audley. He needs to try fighting some top 10 opposition or someone worth while who will actually challenge him.

Comment

Hmm. You can't blame Maloney I suppose, it's an easy win and Audley still brings money to the table, if only for the queue of people waiting for him to get knocked out. Can't say I'm happy about it though, would've liked to see Price take a small step up and continue his development.

This will be every bit as one sided as Haye Vs Harrison, and will finish within three rounds. Then maybe, just maybe, Harrison will do the viewing public a favour and retire.

Comment

Price would kill him. Audley doesnt deserve a big fight a decent named american or something would be good.

Comment

Not at all annoyed for Price to fight Harrison. It's not a legit fight, but as long as he's active it shouldn't matter that much. He needs more wins to make himself more marketable. And most importantly of all, he's a guy who could get rid of Fraudley for good; A-Farce destroyed boxing on terrestrial TV by being so ****, something for which the British boxing public will never forgive him.

Comment

Whilst I'd enjoy seeing Audley knocked-about (I must be a sick sadist I know)
            I really don't see what the point is for Price. Harrison's a McDermott-level fighter and this would prove nothing. Provided this is strictly stay-busy and he fights someone ranked in the top 10 in the next 6 months too, then I suppose it wouldn't be too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr E Mann View Post
              Whilst I'd enjoy seeing Audley knocked-about (I must be a sick sadist I know)
              I really don't see what the point is for Price. Harrison's a McDermott-level fighter and this would prove nothing. Provided this is strictly stay-busy and he fights someone ranked in the top 10 in the next 6 months too, then I suppose it wouldn't be too bad.
              You don't need to be a sick sadist to enjoy that, it's a fraction of was entrusted to him when they gave him that BBC contract (over Froch and Haye! Christ! Imagine how huge they might have been by now!)

And I see this as:

a) A money-earner
              b) A way to get Price's name in a lot of papers and TV shows

Both worthwhile things to do, provided that it doesn't get in the way of him facing real opposition next time round. He's not a world level fighter yet, he doesn't need to fight a murderer's row.

Comment

What's the point?

Get him in there with someone that'll test how good he truly is, like Chris Arreola, Ruslan Chagaev, Odlanier Solis, or Kevin Johnson.

Fighting the soup can known as Audley Harrison should barely qualify as a "stay active" fight, as he'll go down on his own without a fighter even having to stay active against him.

Comment

I dont really have a problem with the fight. If Price fought once every 6 months there would be no point but if he is busy this is a legit fight. Audley had a heavyweight title shot a couple fights ago so it will be a scalp on his record.

He can say he stopped a former world title challenger if nothing else and he gets the British public behind by finally finishing off Audley. I think its a good fight for both men. Surprised Audley wants it though.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
                    You don't need to be a sick sadist to enjoy that, it's a fraction of was entrusted to him when they gave him that BBC contract (over Froch and Haye! Christ! Imagine how huge they might have been by now!)

And I see this as:

a) A money-earner
                    b) A way to get Price's name in a lot of papers and TV shows

Both worthwhile things to do, provided that it doesn't get in the way of him facing real opposition next time round. He's not a world level fighter yet, he doesn't need to fight a murderer's row.
                    one other reason, he needs a couple of defences of his British title to keep the belt and there's not many British HWs left. Im sure he'd want it in his collection after he retires.

Id rather Audley just ****ed of, but him fighting for the British title isnt as bad as him fighting for the world title so on principle its not too bad a fight, providing Price steps it up afterwards

Comment

Working...
                    X