Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paul Williams vs Antonio Margarito: Who wins at this point?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Williams vs Antonio Margarito: Who wins at this point?

Just wondering... The first fight was entertaining and a good win for Williams. The best of his career actually. Margarito started to rally, but it was too late. Who wins right now?
    Williams KO/TKO
    29.73%
    Williams decision
    56.76%
    Margarito KO/TKO
    10.81%
    Margarito decision
    2.70%

Williams knocks that boys eye out...

Southpaws are Williams' worst nightmare..Antonio Margarito's eye just wouldn't hold up to anybody at this point..it's really time for him to hang them up..

I feel really sorry for Margarito and where his career ended up, if he's truly an innocent man like he claims to be..it's a real shame..

Comment

Margarito's career is done dada. His eye injury is too severe to keep on Boxing.

Comment

Any true boxing fan knows Margarito would walk down little paulie and KO him worse than sergio did.

Comment

doesnt have the one punch ko necessary to kill pwill.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
            Any true boxing fan knows Margarito would walk down little paulie and KO him worse than sergio did.

Just like he did when he was much fresher and had plaster. Sure he would.

Anyway, back on planet earth.. Both have declined considerably since their last fight. Pwill would take him again for a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post

Just like he did when he was much fresher and had plaster. Sure he would.

Anyway, back on planet earth.. Both have declined considerably since their last fight. Pwill would take him again for a decision.

No way Margarito's eye holds up for 12 against an active boxer like Paul Williams..he'd average 80-100 punches per round..that eye would look like Vargas' when Mosley sparked him..

Williams stops Margarito in 6 or less at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko View Post
                Just wondering... The first fight was entertaining and a good win for Williams. The best of his career actually. Margarito started to rally, but it was too late. Who wins right now?

williams best win was his W over martinez in the first fight

we cant be sure, but it's possible that margarito also had loaded gloves when he fought williams for the first time

if williams can handle the heat at this stage in his career in terms of the punches he'll end up taking i think he'd win again

both guys are faded. the styles favor williams. he throws lots of punches, he's a southpaw, and he's got enough size and ability to keep margarito from backing him up to the ropes.
                williams has issues with speed, too, which margarito certainly doesnt have

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
                  No way Margarito's eye holds up for 12 against an active boxer like Paul Williams..he'd average 80-100 punches per round..that eye would look like Vargas' when Mosley sparked him..

Williams stops Margarito in 6 or less at this point.
                  I'd have to see Williams fight again, because he might be shot. However, its well known that Williams is allergic to southpaw counterpunchers. I mean its a huge flaw he has. So I'm assuming he'd look much better against a slower worn out right handed fighter, with, as you mentioned, an eye that basically ruined for life. So perhaps he would stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    williams best win was his W over martinez in the first fight

we cant be sure, but it's possible that margarito also had loaded gloves when he fought williams for the first time

if williams can handle the heat at this stage in his career in terms of the punches he'll end up taking i think he'd win again

both guys are faded. the styles favor williams. he throws lots of punches, he's a southpaw, and he's got enough size and ability to keep margarito from backing him up to the ropes.
                    williams has issues with speed, too, which margarito certainly doesnt have

Think I'll have to disagree about Martinez. Sergio wasn't Sergio back then and the win was highly disputed.

Comment

Working...
                    X