No announcement yet.

Best boxing year in the last 5 years?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    I remember 2007 as a great year for boxing.

May vs Hatton
    Jmm vs Barrera
    PAC vs Barrera
    May vs Dela Hoya
    Cotto vs Mosley
    Pavlik vs Taylor
    Vazquez vs Marquez
    Ect.

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
      2008 for me:

cotto - marg (highly anticipated match that changed the ww landscape) after floyd retired for 2 years)

dlh - pac (upset of the year and the rise of pac as a mainstream and ppv star)

pac - marquez ii (highly anticipated)

pac - diaz (pac's continuing rise as a p4p star)

hopkins - pavlik (huge upset by hopkins who everybody including roach felt he'd lose)

hopkins - calzaghe (battle for 175 supremacy)

taylor - lacy (taylor revived his career after this one)

dawson - johnson (out with the old in with the new)

dawson - tarver (battle between two of the highest regarded lhws)

froch - pascal (who wouldve predicted these two would become two of the most famous fighters of this generation? )
      In the bold, is that "And afterward, Floyd retired for 2 years" or "This fight happened after Floyd had been retired for 2 years"?

Anyway, both would be completely false. Cotto-Margarito was in June 2008 if i'm not mistake, or July, August, whatever. Floyd had just fought in December 2007. Meaning he'd been retired only 6-7 months at the time of the Cotto-Margarito fight.

If you meant that he retired for 2 years after this fight, that is still wrong. Floyd scheduled a comeback for July 2009 if i'm not mistaken, which was then rescheduled to September 2009. He essentially announced his comeback in April/May 2009 I think. I'm going off the top of my head here, but I know that what you said, if it's anything like I read it, is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
        2008 for me:

hopkins - calzaghe (battle for 175 supremacy)
        That fight sucked BTW

2008 was a great year though. It's the only year I see that rivals 2009.

I don't like how it ended though.

Comment

From the replays I've seen, 2008 seemed like a really exciting year.

I only wish I was into boxing at that time so that I could've experienced it first hand.

Comment

I would say 2012 even with the TR GBP beef we had a pretty good year.

Comment

Working...
            X