• Show
Clear All

• 5 reasons why mma will kill boxing

1. peter manfredo
    2.joe calzaghe
    3.peter manfredo
    4.joe calzaghe
    5. peter manfredo

peter manfredo, as much as i respect reality show peeps as fighters, its clear to see they are s___e.
    as much as i think joe calzaghe is a clown, now im sure he is.

yet another over hyped, uncompetitive waste of a decent mans money. joe c wont fight anyone who can fight, we wil l NEVER se him fight b hop, kessler or clinton woods. For the simple reason hes **** and he KNOWS he is. he considers manfredo a credible challenger, id fight harder against a stranger in the street over nothing than manfredo supposdly fought joe for his wbo strap. manfredo = terrible fighter, give it up, joe c = my 107 year old granny come back from the dead, she calls u out. back out u injured.
    boxing is dying cos of these cowards, i mourn it.

only better thing about mma is the refs know how to make a good stoppage.

Comment

most of you will not remember but in the late 70's to early 80s PKA "Full Contact Karate(kickboxing) was enjoying quite a bit of popularity,it was given weekly network TV coverage and could also be seen on all the weekend sports showsabc's wide world of sports,nbc sports world,etc. it had magazines totally devoted to the sport.it was more popular with kid's and women and the talk of the time was watch and see how Kickboxing is going to eclipse boxing!it was called the "sport of the future" well I guess they had it wrong because it never took off in the states,I think mma is having a similar popularity stride right now and I don't think it will last.sure the sport will always be around I'm sure but,it will never "kill" boxing its to time tested mma has been around since 1993 if anything mma was the final nail in the coffin to kickboxing

Comment

Originally posted by moggo55 View Post
        1. peter manfredo
        2.joe calzaghe
        3.peter manfredo
        4.joe calzaghe
        5. peter manfredo

peter manfredo, as much as i respect reality show peeps as fighters, its clear to see they are s___e.

yet another over hyped, uncompetitive waste of a decent mans money. joe c wont fight anyone who can fight, we wil l NEVER se him fight b hop, kessler or clinton woods. For the simple reason hes **** and he KNOWS he is. he considers manfredo a credible challenger, id fight harder against a stranger in the street over nothing than manfredo supposdly fought joe for his wbo strap. manfredo = terrible fighter, give it up, joe c = my 107 year old granny come back from the dead, she calls u out. back out u injured.
        **** off with your MMA crap..
        I swear to God the UFC pays people to come troll boxing sites with this kind of nonsense..

Comment

1. peter manfredo
          2.joe calzaghe
          3.peter manfredo
          4.joe calzaghe
          5. peter manfredo

he's **** and he knows he is?

the whole point of the manfredo fight was that it was supposed to be a PR exercise to gain exposure in the states. as manfredo said, if he and joe were to walk down a street in america he'd get recognised more than joe. its backfired a little because of the crappy referee but that can't be blamed on joe.

if this pr exercise helps set up a big fight next against kessler, taylor, hopkins, winky or tarver then it is completely vindicated. if not, i'll be as pissed off as the next guy.

Comment

1. peter manfredo
            2.joe calzaghe
            3.peter manfredo
            4.joe calzaghe
            5. peter manfredo

You are clown. Joe Calzaghe has just successfully defended his title for the 20th time and you say he is ****? What the **** are you smoking? Calzaghe is a legend and he will secure his legacy this summer when he destroys whoever has the temerity to step into the ring with him.

Comment

1. peter manfredo
              2.joe calzaghe
              3.peter manfredo
              4.joe calzaghe
              5. peter manfredo

Idiotic. You've posted this to get a rise out of people.
              A while back i posted something regarding MMA and the threat it held to boxing. The post was taken out of context by some, as IMO boxing will always be the best sport in the world as far as i'm concerned. However, some of the youth of today may very well prefer MMA to boxing. That's just the way it is, but boxing will always be around.

Comment

Two Juy alts - one to start the thread and the other to respond.

Such is the way of e-life, i suppose.

Comment

1. peter manfredo
                  2.joe calzaghe
                  3.peter manfredo
                  4.joe calzaghe
                  5. peter manfredo

dont blame MMA for Frank Warren. Matter fact dont follow MMA, you give fans who are knowledgeable and enjoy both sports a bad name

Comment

if mma ever got a real star like a bruce lee thats the only way it could take over

Comment

Working...
                    X