Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what fighter has rebounded from a devestating defeat and moved on to have good career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Wladimir Klitschko is the first that comes to mind...

Ricky Burns got near enough shutout by Carl Johanneson & came back a lot stronger and is on a near 20 fight win streak winning the British & WBO strap.
    He really did learn a lot from that loss it would seem.
    Wlad is a great example, picked himself up, dusted himself off, and learned from his mistakes. Ones thing he did, and I know he gets criticized for the way he fights because he is so calculating is, he got a good grasp on who he is. What I mean by that is he was able to understand his limitations and utilize his strengths. He knows himself, he understands how he has to fight and he doesn't let anyone sway him from that, knowing who you are as a fighter is huge(I feel like I did a horrible job explaining that...Lol).

For my example I'd say James Toney. He was like 44/45-0-2 going into the RJJ fight and was one of the top fighters in the world, and he got completely outboxed and made to look like a fool. He bounced back pretty damn well from that and went on to have an amazing career.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      Joe Louis
      Nigel Benn
      Lennox Lewis came back pretty strong after stoppage losses.

Yeah Pacquiao has looked good since the Morales loss, hopefully will bounce back from the Bradley "loss".
      when they're talkinga bout pacquiao in these terms they're almost certainly referring to his two stoppage losses when he was young and fighting in asia.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Wladimir Klitschko is the first that comes to mind...

Ricky Burns got near enough shutout by Carl Johanneson & came back a lot stronger and is on a near 20 fight win streak winning the British & WBO strap.
        He really did learn a lot from that loss it would seem.
        He was one the first I thought about. After the Brewster loss I doubted he could come back after three TKO losses. But he has put together a very long and impressive win streak and is the best heavyweight in the wold by far.

Lennox also came back nicely after two crushing losses. But I think Joe Louis tops both.

Comment

No mention of Gene Tunney? He took a terrible beating from Harry Greb in their first fight, came back and Lerner from it and never officially lost again.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            No mention of Gene Tunney? He took a terrible beating from Harry Greb in their first fight, came back and Lerner from it and never officially lost again.
            There are so many examples that I just went with the first that came to my mind. But you're right,Tunney is a good choice. I also always liked the way Humberto Gonzalez came back from his KO loss (great fight) to Michael Carbajal. Beat Carbajal twice in rematches and had a good run following that loss.

Comment

Tyson came back very well from the Douglas fight & the jail term to win back his title although you could see the ring-rust in the Holyfield fights. George Foreman's loss to Ali didn't diminish him as a fighter. Shane Mosley's losses to Forrest never deterred his quest for becoming a great fighter. Wlad came back from two knockout losses or was it three?

Comment

Bob Foster to Doug Jones/Terrel.

Comment

Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
                  Tyson came back very well from the Douglas fight & the jail term to win back his title although you could see the ring-rust in the Holyfield fights. George Foreman's loss to Ali didn't diminish him as a fighter. Shane Mosley's losses to Forrest never deterred his quest for becoming a great fighter. Wlad came back from two knockout losses or was it three?
                  Three.....

Purity

Sanders

Brewster

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    when they're talkinga bout pacquiao in these terms they're almost certainly referring to his two stoppage losses when he was young and fighting in asia.
                    I would hope so. Pacquiao's loss to Morales was considerably less than "devastating".

Comment

i would say cotto already had a decent career going into the margarito fight, but i honesty thought he was done after his aura of invincibility was taken away

he came back and is still going strong...had an impressive showing against mayweather too

Comment

Working...
                      X