No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chisora Makes a Bet; Haye Fight Referee is Switched

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chisora Makes a Bet; Haye Fight Referee is Switched

DERECK CHISORA has challenged arch-rival David Haye to a £20,000 side bet ahead of their grudge match at West Ham on Saturday.

They meet in the ring to finally settle their differences after months of controversy following their infamous press conference clash in Munich.

Now Chisora wants his favourite charity, Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital, to benefit if he triumphs.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Haye team is already at a disadvantage if the fight goes to the scorecards, but hopefully Vann will be professional enough to be an unbiased judge.

And if it is true about the new ref not fluent in English, things could get ugly very soon. When things get too rough, he needs to be able to communicate in that instant. We can't have a ref that has to think about the translation in his head first and then say it when its too late.

Comment

And there probably was a better way for Adam Booth to get a different referee, even if Vann is a scrawny, bald old man, it's a little disrespectful to call your elder and a respected referee and judge a 'featherweight', like its a derogatory term.

Comment

Micky Vann is good, but he is 68 and small for a HW fight IMO especially when both had a fight and a lot of trash talk.

Strange that Haye's team objected and now he is angry and a judge... WTF.

Comment

they need to get the referee who was involved in the botha\grant fight in south africa. ingo barrabas. he let the boys fight it out. let them fight out of clinches & was not seen all fight. both guys were hurt a few times & he gave them both a chance to stay in the fight. england has the worst refs out there. they all stop the fights too early & often favor the home fighter. see fury vs pajkic & firtha. i thought barrabas did one of the best refereeing jobs i had ever seen in that fight. he let the old warhorses decide the fight. i'd also consider steve smoger who also lets the guys fight & tries to stay out of being a factor in the fight.

Comment

They don't need a referee.

Or judges.

Or rounds.

Just fight until it's over, old school style.....

Comment

Luis Pabon will be seperating them every time they get close like he did in the Ward-Abraham fight, it will suit Haye who prefers to box on the outside.

Comment

bring Judge Mills Lane out of retirement

Comment

Confirmation that ref is Haye's choice:

Haye insisted Puerto Rican referee Luis Pabon is equipped to deal with any erratic behaviour from Chisora.

"We've got a good referee who won't stand for any foolishness and I'm confident he will handle anything," he said.
                  I hate it when boxers will pick refs so they don't have to fight on the inside. If you don't want to fight on the inside then don't agree to fight an inside fighter, don't have the ref do your dirty work for you.

Now it's a 10 round fight too.

Good luck to Chisora, I hope he pulls the upset. Haye is trying to screw him wherever he can.

Comment

Working...
                  X