No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kelly Pavlik Not Concerned With Quick Ring Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kelly Pavlik Not Concerned With Quick Ring Return

Kelly Pavlik will fight for the second time in four weeks when he opposes Will Rosinsky in a 10-round super middleweight bout Saturday night in Carson, Calif.

The former middleweight champion hasn’t had two fights in such a short amount of time since he was an 18-year-old, fledgling prospect in the fall of 2000, the year Pavlik began his career. Pavlik pounced on this opportunity because it represented an unforeseen shot to get back on HBO (10 p.m. EDT/PDT), but even exposure of that magnitude wouldn’t have been enough incentive if Pavlik, 30, didn’t think his body could handle the quick turnaround after a dominant performance against overmatched Scott Sigmon on June 8 in Las Vegas. [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by THEBLASTER
    Rosie Rosinsky was picked because he is a club fighter with zero chance of winning this fight. Pavlik needed a patsy to beat on and they found a willing pug in Rosinsky will limited skills. This fight is a confidence moral booster for Pavlik, more like a practice round where the opponent doesn't hit back.

Interesting. There are a lot of people picking Will for this fight. I know nothing about him, but I hope it's a good fight & not what you say it is. I'm riding with The Ghost all day no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by THEBLASTER
      Rosie Rosinsky was picked because he is a club fighter with zero chance of winning this fight. Pavlik needed a patsy to beat on and they found a willing pug in Rosinsky will limited skills. This fight is a confidence moral booster for Pavlik, more like a practice round where the opponent doesn't hit back.
      It's clear that you have absolutely no clue about what you're typing.

Comment

Froch wants nothing to do with Pavlik.......it would mean his retirement.......

Comment

Kelly pavlik a under skilled workmen could throw the 1-2 eat three to land one. Was the kind of fighter you pulled for with the whole blue collar thing going on. It was great a white guy from ohio tuff as nails but its over now that is somebody you used to know it wasnt from beatings that his talent was taken thats the sad part . Will power rosinsky is all and more of what pavlik used to be. Rosinsky in three count to hundred of change the channel.

Comment

Donaire and Pavlik should win I mean come on this is a Top Rank card right.

Comment

1st off Pavlik hasn't taken any beatings (mostly gives them) 2nd i think he is off the booze, if he was still on it Cameron(manager) / top rank (promoter), Garcia(trainer) would have nothing to do with him! it gets personal when cats talk about Pavlik, like he really let alot of people down, but the man has had a good layoff to heal and get his mind right, and he will soon be right in the mix - Kessler / froch / bute better watch out, ward / dirrel / he needs to stay away from for now, shyt he almost beat martinez before his lame corner at the time couldn't stop the cuts - Pavlik is a bad dude, the man can box and bang, and he also has a good set of whiskers, stop crying and follow his career, there will be enuff room to jump back on the wagon - trust me

Comment

I feel soooo bad top rank selling kelly out again when we he learn. Just like they did againt b-hop / sergio m now will rosinsky the man needs to be protected not thrown to the wolfs.
                But the nick name fits ghost of his once formidable self.

Comment

Originally posted by parrish duke View Post
                  1st off Pavlik hasn't taken any beatings (mostly gives them) 2nd i think he is off the booze, if he was still on it Cameron(manager) / top rank (promoter), Garcia(trainer) would have nothing to do with him! it gets personal when cats talk about Pavlik, like he really let alot of people down, but the man has had a good layoff to heal and get his mind right, and he will soon be right in the mix - Kessler / froch / bute better watch out, ward / dirrel / he needs to stay away from for now, shyt he almost beat martinez before his lame corner at the time couldn't stop the cuts - Pavlik is a bad dude, the man can box and bang, and he also has a good set of whiskers, stop crying and follow his career, there will be enuff room to jump back on the wagon - trust me
                  This is what I want to believe. I'm not 100% yet though that he will or even can return to the level that makes him dangerous to some of the guys you mentioned.

I'm on his side though.

WAR KP!!!

Comment

Cant wait to see kelly's corner **** there pant's when they see kelly cant fight against a lt hvy wt thats hungry. After he try's
                    and just cant keep up wait watch wilt under the presure dont cry
                    thank him i mean he did beat j taylor although that was yrs ago.

Comment

Working...
                    X