Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water Filled Heavy Bag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water filled heavy bag - good things and bad things!

Hey evrybody!

Can someone tell me the deal with the Powair waterfilled heavy bags?

I'm thinking if i should order one, because i've heard good things about this type of waterbags...

Do you need the foam lined ones, or the all waterbags?

Do they sway alot?

The feel of the bag is it real?

I really like to know from someone who trains on these bags, and need to know if you will get a descent workout!

Thanks.

ian-jason

Comment

Originally posted by Rane-Ex54 View Post
      haha, everyone has there own opinion. I didn't say they look different. I said they feel different, like a hitting waterbed shaped as a bag. When I used it, I felt like I wasn't getting a great workout. I like the strength and resistance of a real heavy bag. I'm not dogging a water bag, I just prefer a regular one.
      The water bags are very heavy, and they don't sway at all. Not sure what tiny bag you've been hitting..

Originally posted by ian-jason View Post
      Hey evrybody!

Can someone tell me the deal with the Powair waterfilled heavy bags?

I'm thinking if i should order one, because i've heard good things about this type of waterbags...

Do you need the foam lined ones, or the all waterbags?

Do they sway alot?

The feel of the bag is it real?

I really like to know from someone who trains on these bags, and need to know if you will get a descent workout!

Thanks.

ian-jason
      Not sure about what type of bag you need as I didnt buy it for the gym.

They do not sway much, they are pretty heavy and solid. I find it more comfertable hitting a water bag then a regular bag. Seems to be less stress on your hands.

Comment

we got a water filled uppercut bag at the gym, i hate that thing, it just doesnt feel right to me.

Comment

Originally posted by podxvost View Post
          we got a water filled uppercut bag at the gym, i hate that thing, it just doesnt feel right to me.
          Uppercut bags are total crap,...wrecking balls , or Bodysnatchers, are way better!

Comment

i used a ringside water-filled heavy bag for the first time at our new gym yesterday. they're awesome. i think it was 150lbs, but i'm not sure. i definitely back these things.

Comment

Originally posted by rj_ct View Post
              i used a ringside water-filled heavy bag for the first time at our new gym yesterday. they're awesome. i think it was 150lbs, but i'm not sure. i definitely back these things.
              Can you tell me what type of bag it was from ringside or post a picture so i can see what bag you are using?

It would mean a lot to me.

By the way is it a foamliner?

Comment

i don't know much about it (front one and far back one)

it doesn't feel like there's any foam in there. i think it's this one: http://www.ringside.com/detail.aspx?ID=25872

Comment

Originally posted by rj_ct View Post
                  i don't know much about it (front one and far back one)

it doesn't feel like there's any foam in there. i think it's this one: http://www.ringside.com/detail.aspx?ID=25872
                  Hey Thanx man for the info, and you have a reall cool gym.

Are all the Ring side bags new?

Another question, if you train on the ringside waterbag, does it sway alot, or just a little?

And if you hit it , does your fist really sink in the bag?

Comment

Originally posted by PeekaBooPooch View Post
                    Hey Thanx man for the info, and you have a reall cool gym.

Are all the Ring side bags new?

Another question, if you train on the ringside waterbag, does it sway alot, or just a little?

And if you hit it , does your fist really sink in the bag?
                    And you said it was the all waterbag 150 lbs , 13x 40 " right???

Do you have to let the air out , or just fill it with water?

Comment

Originally posted by PeekaBooPooch View Post
                      And you said it was the all waterbag 150 lbs , 13x 40 " right???

Do you have to let the air out , or just fill it with water?
                      just asking cause the bag looks a little bit different, ..on ringside it is all black, ..so

Comment

Working...
                      X