Mike Tyson - "nobody beats Ali"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Tyson - "nobody beats Ali"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF17mkqyf44

Love Mike. This is an interview over 4 parts. In this part, near the end, Mike talks about himself v Ali.

Mike Tyson's words at this stage in his life should be taken with a grain of salt. When he was a prime fighter in the 80's and you asked him about matchups he was quick to remark, correctly, that anything can happen in a fight. What made Ali great, according to Tyson in the past, was his character.

His resume speaks for itself, but lets not forget that Frazier did indeed beat Ali, so to say nobody beats Ali is ridiculous. Now if you want to split hairs about his expulsion from the sport and the impact that it had on his career thereafter, that's another topic.

"Anything can happen in a fight."

Comment

To add context, they were talking primes - Ali at 20 to be precise. Ali at 20 was so quick, such agility that I do see it being tough for anyone to beat that Ali.

Comment

Mike Tyson told me personally that he thinks Larry Holmes would beat Ali.

Comment

To be fair, he was always very respectful at that stage of his career and careful not to denigrate any great fighter.

Comment

Joe Louis wouldve whipped him.

Along with Tyson, Fraizer, and Foreman.

I often dont think Joe gets enough credit for who he is because he wasnt as loud as Muhammad Ali or entertaining, nor did he have that whole black movement thing Ali was doing (which was more him being manipulated by his handlers more than anything).

But its America so the biggest and loudest will get their share first.

Comment

Tyson said this year that the Klitschko's would be a very tough fight for him (or anyone else) to beat.

Comment

I agree with Tyson, but in a sense that in a 3 fight trilogy, I think Ali comes out on top twice or more against any boxer ever lived.

Comment

Tyson has also said that Joe Louis and Ali would probably split a series evenly.

Comment

Tyson shows respect to all great fighters ... he is a huge fan of the sport and has near encyclopedic knowledge of it and its participants

Ali said that Tyson would beat him in his prime and Tyson says that Ali would beat him ... a lot of these guys say stuff like that out of respect and humility ..

And he would destroy both klits
                    Last edited by TysonBomb; 11-23-2012, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X