No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire vs Narvaez Clash Awaits HBO's Approval

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Donaire vs Narvaez Clash Awaits HBO's Approval

A bout between WBC/WBO bantamweight champion Nonito Donaire (26-1, 18 KOs), and undefeated WBO super flyweight champion Omar Narvaez (35-0-2, 19 KOs), is getting very close to a deal. The fight would take place on October 22nd, likely in Carson, California, with HBO televising. A deal has been reached, but the fight won't be finalized until HBO approves Narvaez as the opponent. If the network decides to pass on Narvaez, there are agreements in place with two backups, Silence Mabuza (23-3, 19 KOs) and Christian Esquivel (23-2, 17 KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Is this guy any good, I think good name opponent for him is Mijares.

Comment

Isnt omar a 115 pounder and im shocked omar came out of argentina he wants a check maybe he will fight seda after he loses out of argentina as well

Comment

Please HBO make this Fight!!!

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
        Isnt omar a 115 pounder and im shocked omar came out of argentina he wants a check maybe he will fight seda after he loses out of argentina as well
        Omar Fight defended 6 times out of argentina (3 ko and 3 Ud)

Comment

Argentina is divided, most of the people think Narvaez is a paper champ. So Omar now is looking for some recognition. I Wish him good luck!

Comment

Donaire via Babality

Comment

Originally posted by memento126 View Post
              Is this guy any good, I think good name opponent for him is Mijares.
              Narvaez in his prime could've probably competed with anyone in his division, but he's 36 years old now and he's not as sharp or quick as he was when he was in in twenties. Donaire's tremendous skill should be too much for Narvaez at this point of his career. I also think Donaire has a bigger frame than Narvaez.

Comment

His 0 got to go.

Comment

I would pick this guy over those two other back ups even though I have never seen this guy Narvaes fight before. So HBO make it happen or go with the raging bull Darchiniyan.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
                    I would pick this guy over those two other back ups even though I have never seen this guy Narvaes fight before. So HBO make it happen or go with the raging bull Darchiniyan.
                    This fight is annoying. I'd so much prefer Mabuza.

Comment

Working...
                    X